Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Microphone not woking on ios device

My microphone just stopped working. Now I can hear when I make a call but my response is heard back to me but not to my caller.

I have tried reset, latest version of app, disconnect and connect, un-muting of the calls....is there any other ways to troubleshoot, or a live support?

No free service or replacement as I am outside a few months of the warranty period

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Microphone not woking on ios device

Hey @khn1983,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with the microphone for your headphones. Could you clarify what headphones you have, and what device you have the headphones connected to when you have this issue?

Have you tried using the headphones with a different device to test the microphone? Also, whereabouts are you located?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Hey thanks for replying.

i am using the wireless sound sport inear headset.

i have tried using it on another device and the issue is still the same. I have currently used it on iPhone 7+, 11 and 11 promax. 
To explain the issue more, I can take a call and listen to the caller but when I talk I can hear myself back on the hard phone but the opposite person cannot.

i am in USA

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this information for us. I am sorry that you're having this experience.

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

Let us know if you get any improvements. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

We have tried the steps Mentioned multiple times however with no success. 

Highlighted

Thank you for confirming. 

Moving forward, please reach out to local support to discuss your options for service. 

Thanks!