Highlighted
ahmedfouda@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Music from one side

Hi,

I'm very disappointed with the product, I have Bose Sportfree, despite the fact it's working from one side for voice calls, I can't get it to work as stereo with my Surface Pro (Windows 10)

It worked for while, but now stopped (just one side with very low voice quality), tried removing, deleting, reinstalling many times, now luck.

Web site is poor, no customer service, proposing me to change for another pair $129 which I'm not gonna do as I know they gonna have the same issue.

Can you propose a solution!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Music from one side

Hello,

Thank you for your comment, welcome to the community. 

I am very sorry that you have had this experience with your SoundSport Free headphones. 

In regards to only the right earbud working during calls. Due to the technical nature of these headphones and the way Bluetooth data is processed (Bluetooth audio data is first sent to the right earbud and then relayed to the left earbud after processing), audio for phone calls is restricted to the right earbud only. Introducing left and right audio during calls would induce a clear audio delay between you and the call recipient. As such, due to hardware restrictions, we are unable at this time to offer audio to the left speaker independently, nor audio to both left and right channels during a phone call.

As for the issues you are experiencing with connecting to Windows 10, I would recommend you take a look at THIS THREAD there are some useful tips and troubleshooting here which may help resolve this issue you are facing. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

ahmedfouda@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Hi,

I understood the voice call part, however the other part of music is not working on both earbuds while connected to Windows10 device is really FRUSTRATING to try every and all possible ways to fix this issue and seems to be a known issue with no solution.

Again, could you please help with a working solution to get my earbuds stream music sound on both sides from Microsoft Windows 10 Surface!!

Community Manager

Hey ahmedfouda,

Thanks for the update. 

As noted by Tegan above, this connection is handled by the computer's Operating System assigning what Bluetooth connection profile to use. Have you visited the thread listed above for additional troubleshooting information?

Let us know.

Kindest,

Andy B

ahmedfouda@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Hi

Yes, I did apply the steps in the thread mentioned and didn't work.

Hello Ahmed, 

I'm sorry to hear the suggested steps did not help to resolve your issue. 

Please also check with the manufacturer to ensure it is capable of feeding stereo music audio to the headphones via A2DP (Advanced audio distribution profile) some computer manufacturers chose not to implement this in their Bluetooth chips, especially on ultrabooks/business laptops and devices where this type of use is not common. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G