phoenix93
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

Must-have features needed for Quietcomfort earbuds

In spite of having one of the best sound quality, noise cancellation and in-ear comfort, a lot of people (including me) have been disappointed with the new QC earbuds due to lack of a smooth experience expected by a premium product like this.

Here's my feedback for some must-have featured that are missing (some are already discussed in other forums so won't go much in details).

Highest priority (feasible in short term):

1. Better device switching option. Current experience is a nightmare!

2. Tracking option for a lost earbud. I was able to find my soundsport wireless using Tile, but that support is missing in the new earbud.

Might need hardware changes:

1. The most wanted feature: Multi device connection support.

2. More eartips sizes. These new tips are comfortable and stay fit, but are not at all good for running/sport. I loved the tips for soundsport wireless for that purpose, so Bose should release additional tips like those for these buds as well.

3. Case opening button is terrible! I have to use pressure with my nails at the centre of the button to open the case. Ideally it should be a magnetic case like airpods.

16 REPLIES 16
Tegan_M

Re: Must-have features needed for Quietcomfort earbuds

Hi phoenix93,

Thank you very much for taking the time in providing us with your detailed feedback. 

We are happy that you are enjoying your earbuds and I will be more than happy to get your requests pasted onto our development team for consideration. 

Have a great day. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Ritchrr
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2020

how about also including some sort of fix for the distortion at high volume and the horrible call quality? Those should be priority fixes or there are going to be a lot of returns!

Zac A
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

I just bought quiet comfort earbuds and I have the lifestyle 650 system also. Any way to connect the two easily? Would be nice, seeing I have kids, to watch Tv without playing through speakers at night.

Brawl
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

1)Mics  Call quality 

2) Equalizer even if it’s simple like the 700 series headphones

3)One size smaller ear wings

jesseywinklermusic
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

I understand many enjoy the fit of these buds but i HATE them. I think a must have feature would be a more bell shaped bud as opposed to the umbrella shape. The edge of the umbrella rubs my ear raw. The sound quality and ANC make these earbuds a must have but the tips ruin the experience for me. Other features id like to see:

The ability to use only 2 ANC levels with a shortcut (i only need it at 100% or Off anything between seems pointless)

Pausing audio activates ambient mode or activating ambient mode pauses music.

I love these earbuds on so many levels, and i feel like the boxes they dont check could be easily customizable for those who have the same issues.

phoenix93
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

@Tegan_M  Any updates on the original thread feedbacks?

1. Everyone has been posting about this that the current experience to switch devices is a nightmare.
I saw that you have "Improved Bluetooth Connection Management". But that change is completely useless!

The problem was not the absence of toggle switch in the BT Source menu, but the hassle it takes to even reach there.

The most logical and feasible solution is to have a "hold" shortcut in the left earbud (or a new option like triple touch) that would just try to switch to the next device on the list of paired devices.

Another (2nd best?) option according to me would be to provide a widget (for Android) with which we can toggle devices without even opening the app.

Not sure how much work that would be, but this issue is really bad and damaging everyone's earbuds experience, so it should definitely be prioritized.

2. Any update on this? Would that even be supported?
I find the tracking feature extremely necessary. I actually lost one of my earbud in an airport waiting area, and it took me good 20 minutes to find it lying in a corner. Might have lost it that day. This situation would have easily been handled with a tracking feature.

Other high priority issues:
3. Please have an option to only have 2 noice-cancelling levels instead of 3 on the left earbud action.
Sometimes you just want to check what level you are on, and it's a hassle to cycle through 3 levels. I only need highest and lowest level.

4. Please have an option to have single touch support instead of double touch for any earbuds actions. I agree double touch provides safety with any accidental touching, but some people (like me) want to have single touch option for faster access (specially when I'm just sitting at work and know there won't be any accidental touching)

5. Double touch right earbud to end call doesn't work for App calls like whatsapp. Please fix asap.
phoenix93
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

Gentle ping on this.

Can you please respond to the questions and make sure that the feedback reaches the proper product/technical team?

SAPMan
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

I've been using my earbuds connected to my PC for use on Zoom meetings, which for me works quite well, but I'd really like to have a version of the phone app to control these for Windows 10.  While the buds work, you have no custom control like utilizing the shortcut on the left bud to check battery level or anything else.

violette_vixxxen
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2021

Yes, it is ridiculous that these (almost) $400 earbuds do not have this feature that has been around for FOREVER!!