Mar 27, 2021

Re: Must-have features needed for Quietcomfort earbuds

*Earbud tracking function*

jeffro1681
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2021

Following this topic as I too cannot run or exercise withy my Quiet Comfort in ear buds and I hate to return them because love the sound and noise cancelling but fit while moving around is a MAJOR ISSUE.  Are there any other tips available that are better for running? If not I'm afraid I'll be returning my Quiet Comforts.

AnnaGoAnna
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2021

Multi Device Connect
Jabra and Sony have it

Backbround Noise Elimination whilst on a Call
Again, Jabra and Sony have it

Control of Earbuds from Phone App whilst in use on PC
Again, Sony has it.

Bose, I think you've fallen behind ...... maybe relying on your past good name?

Slash103
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2021

Owning and using the QC buds for about a month now.

Very happy with them. Great sound, excellent ANC.

connecting is a bit of a fiddle but no deal breaker for me!

what I do miss:

ANC. On/off is a must have, if sporting outdoor, it’s just not useable

Track back: really missing the option here of going back a track.

Nice to have:

Custom equaliser or different preset (ea rock, classic, voice, ...)

Stay connected to phone at all time so I can. Take a call when connetected to TV/PC

I use these buds for 2 big reasons:

Work from home: ANC is a blessing 🙂

Riding my bike: Really need the option of ANC off mainly due to wind amplification.also when a good song is on, i like to listen to it again by touching the buds, not stop riding to get the phone out 😉

retkris
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

Absolutely agreed.

1. Adding options to the app for connecting to the devices is useless as you need buds to be connected to the app - on the device app is installed.

If the buds are connected to different device using music app you can connect them to this device ...but... what if I'm already connected with buds to device with music app and want to connect to another device? not possible (very fiddly)

2. Tracking the most expensive product - especially if it's that small - is absolutely crucial. It's not even the question "should we include that?" - this is a must!!!

3. 3 Steps of NC is too much - 1st step to have full NC, 2nd step to have predefined in app level of NC

4. If single touch would be enabled then double touch could be used for something else (cycle through BT connections perhaps?). However I'm a little worry if I correct my in-ear fit would not invoke the single tap. Yes, correct fit as I'm finding these new tips less comfortable than previous (true wireless sport) 

I'm a bit surprised and also disappointed - all those tapping features are definitely programmable, there is a chip which controls the earbuds so where is the problem Bose engineers? 

retkris
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

I'm not sure if Bose is even taking any feedback seriously...

Yes, we have some response from moderators etc. but ...

Does anything happen about the suggestions and complains by hundreds of customers?

Drew Tipson
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2021

How do you ride a bike with these things? They won't stay on me even sitting still. Do I need to glue them?

retkris
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2021

Make sure you use correct tip size. First check the fit - remember to push that little silicone prong to you ear arc.

Also, when in ear, try to rotate them back and forth to find the "sweet" spot.

They fit really good however I find the older (true wireless sport) fitted much better. The tip shape has changed a little bit to accommodate the sensors.