Florida Cracker
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

My Bose Headset Series 2 stopped working after apple update iOS12.4.1 on my Iphone 6s.

My Bose Headset Series 2 stopped working after apple update iOS12.4.1 on my Iphone 6s.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: My Bose Headset Series 2 stopped working after apple update iOS12.4.1 on my Iphone 6s.

Hi there, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your headset and would be happy to help where I can 😊.

We do have a large number of headsets, and none of our headsets are simply labelled as the series 2. In order to provide you with the best information, can I confirm which headset you have here specifically? If you're not sure, please post a picture of the headset so I can identify this for you.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Florida Cracker
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: My Bose Headset Series 2 stopped working after apple update iOS12.4.1 on my Iphone 6s.

Bose Series 2.JPG

Highlighted

Hello Florida Cracker, 

Thanks for confirming that for us. 

Can I please ask, when you sat it stopped working, what do you mean? 

Is there no audio, will it not connect etc? 

Once I have this information I would love to try and help you get this up and running again. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Florida Cracker
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

It will not connect to my phone.

Highlighted

Hey Florida Cracker, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

To start with I would suggest:

1. Remove the headset from the device's pairing list. - Place the headset in pairing mode and remove it from the source device's paired list
  2. Clear the list of paired Bluetooth® devices on the phone. - Phones typically remember the last several devices they connected to so they can quickly reconnect to them. In case of an issue with the device memory, remove your Bose product and other unused or unrecognized devices from the phone memory, then reconnect. This list or connected devices is usually found in the Bluetooth settings of the phone.
  3. Clear your product's memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices, then reconnect. To do this power on your product and then simultaneously press the Call and Volume buttons for 10 seconds. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
koaloha808
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

My Bose headset series 2 doesn't pair with iphone 6s as well.

When trying to prepare my device for a firmware upgrade, the device cannot be detected as well.

However, it can be connected to my computers without issue....

Highlighted
honglong1976
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

what about using the latest iOS 13 update? does it work then?

Highlighted

Hello koaloha808, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

The changes in iOS versions should not impact the performance of the headset. 

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to unpair from your phone, then establish a new connection. In the device Bluetooth settings, locate your product in the list of previously connected products. Select your product and choose to remove it. (Tip: Typically the option to remove a product is labeled Forget, Unpair, Delete or something similar.)

Next, to clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth® devices:

1. Power on your product
  2. Simultaneously press the Call and Volume – buttons for 10 seconds

Once cleared, your product is ready to connect a new device.

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
koaloha808
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Hi Jeff,

I have tried this and it still doesn't connect on the iphone6s. I tried to see if it would work on my iphone10 and the device won't even show up as discoverable. Although it does on my 6s and on my computer. Any other suggestions?