Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

My Bose Soundsport Free got hang with Skype phone and cut with youTube

My Bose Soundsport Free got hang up with Skype phone and cut (suspend) with YouTube, 

it is connected to Iphone 7+ 13.3.3 and Soundsport Free version 2.8

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: My Bose Soundsport Free got hang with Skype phone and cut with youTube

Hey,

Thanks for your message, and welcome to our site. What issues are you currently experiencing with your SoundSport Free headphones specifically? We'll need as much information as possible to provide you with assistance. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

1. I used BSF to attend Skype meeting or make a phone call got Hang up all the time (randomly happens some time can play 1 hour, some times only 5-10 min hangup). given I had set no timeout in Bose Connect. This serious impact my work, you can imaging how bad it is, I got hangup when I talk to my boss.

Same issue when I got suspend during play Youtube, I need click play again to resume it. 

I been report this issue to support hot line, so I got 3 new BSF replacements, but issues still the same.

I really need help on this. 

I updated iPhone 7+ to 13.4 yesterday, issues remains the same. and I was using Airpod never happen like this.

PBS firmware version is 2.8

Bose Connect version is latest.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this information. This is certainly strange.

Do you have another device you could connect to and test this with?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

I been try following options, problem were the same.

1. Using MI mobile phone

2. Remove Bose connect 

Last night, I got hang up 5+ times in 60 min meeting with my manager. You can imaging how bad it was.

I know BPS passed return date, would like request to return it. Per this is a big bug. or please ask your R&D to fix it. I truly believed it is firmware issue.  

Highlighted

I am sorry to hear you've had to experience this @kuochu0816. This certainly isn't normal and shouldn't be happening, so I think it's best we look at troubleshooting to amend the issue.

Would you first be able to try clearing the pairing list of the headphones and connected devices as shown HERE, then re-connecting them? You should find the connection is re-established stronger.

Let me know if you notice any improvement. In the meantime, if you'd like to pursue the service options on the headphones, feel free to check out our self-service page HERE.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Thank you very much for your suggestion:

I had followed steps you mentioned to reset connection, with play YouTube problem still remained, randomly suspend during play YouTube. no fix.

Would you please check with lab. I think this is very easy to replicate symptom in your lab. I do need a solution or need get approval to return BPS to Bose. 

As I mentioned, I already contact with Bose service in Taiwan and got 3 new BPS replacements, problem all remains. During this time frame, I don't see my software change. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Hi Sam, I have click the service options, it offers me a new BPS, as I mentioned I already got 3 new BPS from Bose Taiwan office, I really don't want to get a newer one, please check lab. and fix the issue for me. Thanks!!!