histioplot
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Re: New QC earbuds poor call sound issue

Hello, I have a similar issue.

I have an iphone XR and I am waiting on a iPhone 12 PRO MAX. 

I can mostly, but not always hear well in both noisy quiet environments. 

Most importantly People cannot hear my voice most of the times. 

I have tried forgetting the device, done two factory resets, at least five disconnects and reconects I have erased the earbuds from the bose music app and still nothing. 

Can you please help. 

david.hanna12
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

As a general note, the QC buds are awesome: great sounds quality, great noise cancelation, and also great comfort. The biggest let-down is phone call quality. Calls do not sound natural, and people complain about background noise on my end. I have already tried the reset protocol and have used multiple devices; the issue still persists. Please let engineers know that this needs to be addressed with the new software update. 

Thanks

Hector_B

Hey all, 

Thank you all for posting and contributing to this thread and the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still experiencing this issue after performing the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread. 

I'd recommend that all users attempt all of the steps that are listed on this thread, as well as in this article here. In the unlikely event, you are still having these issues after performing all steps please do reach out to your regional customer support team via this link here for service options.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ddal
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Bose product name - Quiet Comfort Earbuds

Country

Australia 

App Version

(4.2.4)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Apple IPhone 11)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

On my second pair of Quiet Comfort Earbuds in a week.  First pair purchased constant distortion during phones calls, with voice volume randomly going high pitched and piercing in ear.  I tried everything to fix the issue, such as reconnect earbuds, settings on phone but made no difference.

I even tested my Apple Ipods to see if the issue is with my phone, and calls were crystal clear.  

Took the first pair and replaced them with a second pair. EXACTLY the same issue.

A second issue has now occurred with the volume function on the right earbud.  It only works from time to time and most often triggers Siri to come on. So frustrating!

The app also has numerous issues and inconsistencies in responding. 
 So disappointing considering they cost $400 and Bose class themselves as a premium brand!! If they don’t improve I will return for an alternative brand. 

I personally would not encourage anyone to buy these buds. They seem to have many issues that need fixing!

dganzhorn
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

I just purchased my Bose QC Earbuds and am having the same call issues.  I downloaded the latest app and i checked and my headphones have 1.0.7-9846+620b71c firmware.

Randomly a small amount of static will come through or it will sound as if there is a slight lag between the two headphones.

I also have the latest app. Iphone 12 pro max. Music is fine.

Pretty disappointing given that these are $300 and i waited 3 months before purchasing these to have all the bugs worked out and there are still issues... 

Brawl
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

I’m having the same issue. They really need to fix this. These buds have the hardware to sound as good as apple’s buds.

Ritchrr
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2020

I have had the exact same experience but mine also distort listening to music at a higher volume. I’m on my second pair as well. I did try resetting which fixed the problem for a day then back to distortion hell! These need some firmware upgrades badly! I’m probably going to return mine if nothing is done soon.

Ddal
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Hi,

Has anyone responded from Bose?

My message has been on for nearly a week and nothing.

dganzhorn
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

I called Bose and they sent me a new pair...

same issue and now I can’t even return them

maxkelly22
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

I am having the same issue. All noises are super amplified for anyone else on the other end of my calls made with the headphones. Its super annoying and I feel like it shouldnt be an issue with headphones that are nearly $300.