Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

New QuietComfort Earbuds charging

From the new product description I understand that the earbud charging case has a USB-C connection and the supplied charging cord is a USB-C to USB-A. What are the Voltage/Amperage limitations, if any, for charging the case from a USB-A power source? Is the charging case compatible with charging from a USB-C Power Delivery (PD) source (e.g. wall charger, PD battery) using our own USB-C to USB-C cable?  If it is compatible with PD charging, what are the compatible V/A/W combinations or could the case be safely charged with a PD battery source that has trickle charge capability?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: New QuietComfort Earbuds charging

Author Accepted Answer selected by dryoho

Hi dryoho,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

It's great to hear you are interested in the new QuietComfort Earbuds! The charging case for the earbuds has an input rating of 5V - 1.2A, so as long as your power source is rated for this you will be fine. I see no reason why you couldn't use a USB-C to USB-C cable if your power source supports it, just make sure any power supplies you use are rated for 5V - 1.2A to make sure it charges correctly.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: New QuietComfort Earbuds charging

Author Accepted Answer selected by dryoho

Hi dryoho,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

It's great to hear you are interested in the new QuietComfort Earbuds! The charging case for the earbuds has an input rating of 5V - 1.2A, so as long as your power source is rated for this you will be fine. I see no reason why you couldn't use a USB-C to USB-C cable if your power source supports it, just make sure any power supplies you use are rated for 5V - 1.2A to make sure it charges correctly.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post