13thspiral
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

No alternative to lost earphone

Hi, I am new to the community and I've decided to talk about the elephant in the room here, since I know I'm not the only one.

I purchased my Soundsport Free Wireless Headphones about a year ago in Japan at the official BOSE store. The sound quality had definitely seduced me and I was overall convinced by BOSE' s reputation. After buying them I was a bit surprised by the widely noticed misconnection problems between the two earphones, and pretty disappointed at what I considered a very bothersome and inefficient controller system (seriously those buttons are too small and have a tough sensitivity), specially given the price of the product. However, I thought it was still worth it bc it's good sound and is BOSE, and BOSE provides guarentees, right?

However, I have come to the fatal episode of loosing one of the earphones outside home. Must have slipped out of my pocket once I had to quickly remove and had no time to look for the case. When I realized, I thought Bose's wonderful "find my earphones" feature would serve me good, but of course I was only dreaming. Honestly I don't get what advantage is to have a gps finder that can only work for a few minutes before the earphone automatically turns off for not being used. 

Still, I was hoping that of course BOSE must have foreseen this kind of situations would happen and so, make sure to take some profit on it, which I would not say it's fair, but at least expected. I contacted my country's BOSE assistance service and they told me BOSE does NOT provide any kind of single earphone replacements whatsoever. Not only that, but if I ever managed to get my hands on a second hand replacement (which I did), both earphones would be impossible to link because they are factory connected. No reboot connection system, no repair service, no software solution, nothing. Excuse me, NOT EVEN APPLE in all its consumer extortion does that. Airpods are being sold separetely through Apple's customer service, at 70 eur piece. I just can't see how BOSE would choose to scorn such an option, because the thing is: I am so deeply disappointed at a brand that I considered worthy of my trust and respect that there is no way I am buying a BOSE product ever again. Unless Bose decides to fix this problem by issuing an update to allow the reset of the pairing connection between two earbuds, I am sadly encouraging my friends and everyone in the internet not to trust this brand. 

Very poor product forethought indeed.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: No alternative to lost earphone

Hi 13thspiral, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you have misplaced your earbud. Our earbuds are connected to each other during assembly which is why we cannot offer a replacement earbud. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have passed your feedback over to our development team for review. In the meantime, I encourage you to reach out to your local support team again as there may be an out of warranty service option we can offer you. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to contact us. We will do all we can to assist you! 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

All cost are passed on to customers in product prices.  Your fellow customers don't want to pay for your actions.

Highlighted
13thspiral
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Hello Jessie,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I have followed your suggestion and contacted my local support service but, as expected, they have simply confirmed no solution is provided for this issue. As I said, I am sadly disappointed since after this experience I will never buy BOSE again, despite the undeniable quality of the product.

King regards,

Astrid