Highlighted
Tweter517
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Noise Cancelling 700 Won't Connect

My brand new Bose NC 700 over the ear headphones won't connect to the app, rendering them $400 ear muffs.

I have removed the app, unpaired, forgotten the device, performed the webiste suggestion of a hard reset of the headphones. 

I'm running iOS on an iPhone XS. The firmware on the headphones is up to date. Any suggestions? I'm about to take these back. Bose appears to have shipped a product that wasn't ready for consumers.

Steps Already Completed

1. Removed from music app (didn't work, BTW)https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/removing-a-product-from-my-bose-music-account.html
    1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
    2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
    3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
    4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

Are you an Android user? If so you need to make sure you have location services enabled. I would also be curious to see if the headphones connect to another device, if you have one handy to test.

2. Update firmware

59 REPLIES 59
Tweter517
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Won't Connect

More: When I try to remove it from the app, it won't show up for removal.IMG_2260.jpgManage Products: 1IMG_2261.PNGNo ProductsIMG_2262.jpgNondescript Product Type - I named it NC 700

Hello Tweter517, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Please accept my apologies for the trouble that you are having with your new Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and connecting to the Bose Music app. 

I have a few questions to establish in order to move forward with this:

• Are you having any trouble connecting via the traditional Bluetooth method directly through your phone?
  • Which IOS version are you running?

I would first recommend signing out of your Bose Music account and logging back in. If this results in the same problem, please remove the Bose Music app from your device and re-install it. 

Also, do you have another device that you could install the app on and test if you can connect? 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Tweter517
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

IMG_2262.jpgProduct not listed as a headset, but rather a speaker.I'm running iOS 12.3.1 (most up to date final release).

As of now, it's connected to my iphone through traditional connection. It's unreliably connected in the app, but it's not registered as the headphone. It looks like a speaker, even though the name is Bose NC 700 (I named it this for clarity sake). I have lost the functionality of the presets etc., and I cannot remove it from my account. 

IMG_2260.jpgProduct listed as connected.as you can see in thi simage, one product is listed, but when I go to remove it to start over, it's not an option I can choose.

IMG_2261.PNGProduct not available to remove and start over.

Hello Tweter517, 

Thank you for getting back for me and providing this additional information. 

Were you able to try the above steps (signing out of the Bose Music app, and removing the app and re-installing?)

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Tweter517
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Yes, I have tried that a few times. I just did it again for fun and had no success.

Tweter517
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Check out 7:04 on this YouTube video, sounds like I'm not alone.

cristiano
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

You are definitely not alone. Mine connected yesterday, out of the box, but today it refuses to connect as well. It is frustrating to say the least. 

Hello Tweter517, 

Thanks for confirming that, and I'm sorry it has not helped. 

There is another thing I would like you to try which has worked for other users. I know you have already cleared the pairing list, however, could you please perform this again. Then, on your iPhone Bluetooth settings remove the headphones default profile, plus the 'LE-' profile. Then force close the Bose Music app and reopen it. Then begin the process over again. 

@Cristiano Hello!

Welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are also experiencing this. Could you also please attempt the above steps?

Let me know if either of you has any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Tweter517
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

This has also not solved the problem.