Noise Cancelling 700 Won't Connect
My brand new Bose NC 700 over the ear headphones won't connect to the app, rendering them $400 ear muffs.
I have removed the app, unpaired, forgotten the device, performed the webiste suggestion of a hard reset of the headphones.
I'm running iOS on an iPhone XS. The firmware on the headphones is up to date. Any suggestions? I'm about to take these back. Bose appears to have shipped a product that wasn't ready for consumers.
Steps Already Completed
- Removed from music app (didn't work, BTW)https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/removing-a-product-from-my-bose-music-account.html
- Disconnect all cables from the headphones
- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
- Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue
Are you an Android user? If so you need to make sure you have location services enabled. I would also be curious to see if the headphones connect to another device, if you have one handy to test.
- Update firmware