Absame
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

Non-English Language App

I just got a new pair of QC earbuds. When I did the setup with my iPhone it asked me to download the Bose Music app and another app with no English writing. The name of the app and all the writing within the app are in an Asian language. Is this a legitimate Bose app?  If so what is it???

8 REPLIES 8
Jeff_G

Re: Non-English Language App

Hello Absame, 

Thanks for reaching out. Congratulations on your recent purchase of the QuietComfort Earbuds.

The only companion app for the QC Earbuds is the Bose Music app, which is available HERE for Android, and HERE for Apple devices. There are no additional apps required for use or setup. 

We'd like to know a little more info about your experience. Where did you purchase your product, and what is the name of the secondary app that you're using? Are you able to provide screenshots from within the app? If you could tell us more about the exact setup process that you were presented with too, that would be great.

Hope to hear back!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
User-03271
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2020

I just received my Sports Earbuds today and connected them with my iPhone and iPad. For both, the download was for the Bose Music app and a Chinese language app. Both were said to be necessary. Strange. And after reading this post, quite worrying. 

elmore9q
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

I had the exact same thing happen as well.  When downloading the Bose Music app, I received a pop up screen saying I was required to download the Asian app.  Until reading this thread, I had it on my iphone.

teslpo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Yup, got the same message and at my initial install of the Bose music app. It's all in Asian text...maybe Chinese. Tried to change the language to English, but couldn't figure the app out. I just deleted it at the end and we'll see happens.

I hope Bose can give us answers on this. It's unacceptable to not give any explanation as to why this is happening. No, it's not an apple problem, it's a Bose's problem since we are asked by Bose to download these apps.

The buck stops with you Bose.

Ben_E

Hey all,

Thanks for your posts on the thread!

Do you have some feedback for us in reply to the questions that @Jeff_G posted above? The only app you need to use with the QuietComfort Earbuds is the Bose Music app. This app is available via the links provided above in Jeff's post.

Can you tell us where you purchased your earbuds? Was it from Bose (or an authorised Bose retailer)? And which secondary app have you been advised to use? This will help us to narrow down the issue.

Best wishes

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!
teslpo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

I got mying at Best Buy online and did curbside pickup. 

At my initial install when your instructions told me to install the Music App, a message window popped up telling me that I need an additional app to run my QC earbuds. The app was not in English and I suspect it was either Chinese or Korean. I could not change the language to English. The entire app was in that language. I eventually deleted it after it didn't seem to do anything.

AJ33
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

I ordered my earbuds directly from Bose. Within minutes after downloading the music app, I was directed to download this Chinese app. These are two screenshots I took before deleting the app.

F25B093A-2183-4C1F-A438-650E229613CE.png

D9DB0E9D-B68C-49F7-BF76-B326417EE1E0.png

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the confusion here! The app you are seeing is Tencent’s Xiaowei VPA, similar to Alexa and Google Assistant.

What is happening here is the QC Earbuds are carry the MFI (made for iPhone) Certification from Apple that allows your iPhone to detect apps compatible with the product. Depending on your phone’s settings, for example region, the suggestion is made to download other apps.

The good news here is there is nothing suspicious going on. You are not required to download or use the app to enjoy your earbuds.

Hope this helps clarify!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!