Highlighted
kelvin.wolfbane
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Not charging and not even working now

Hi Bose,

I have bought your pair of soundsport free less then 2 weeks ago.

Just yesterday i took it out of the case and realised it did not charge at all overnight. At this point of time its still connected to my phone. And there is no LED indication light in the case when the earbud is in it too. I tried to clean the metal connection between case and the earbud, the LED light is back on BUT its not the flashing white for charging. Its just solid white light. I assumed that its charging.

After a few hours i took it out and put it in my ears, no voice prompt to tell me the battery level or what device its connected to! 

Then i came to this forum and saw that there are ton of people here that have the same issue. And all the same problems happen less than 1 month of their new soundsport free.

Obviously i followed all the instruction that you have posted here. Pressing the bluetooth button to reset it, clear the connected bluetooth device on my phone and other device... etc. The firmware was also updated to the latest version too.

So now its not connecting to any device, no voice prompt, no nothing! its basically dead!

For the price that we are paying for this piece of junk, we obviously expect more. I have contacted our local Bose retailer and they say they will replace it if its faulty.

But with all the post here stating the same issue, im expecting the new replacement to breakdown with the similar problem again, within a month! If it breakdown again with the same problem im demanding to get a refund! This is totally unacceptable as there is obviously a big problem with the product if so much people are encountering the same issue their new soundsport free!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Not charging and not even working now

Hello kelvin.wolfbane, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! I am deeply sorry to hear that you have had this experience and appreciate the feedback. 

Please do let us know when you receive your new headphones and if you run into this issue again please do let us know. 

If any other users have this or a similar issue please check out all troubleshooting steps for the SoundSport Free's that are listed here. I look forward to hearing back from you when you get your new pair. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

kelvin.wolfbane
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thanks for the reply.

I just got my new replacement set but the left earbud keeps getting intermittent cut off and no audio. its fully charged though. Its connected to a laptop with Windows 10. i will try it out with my iphone later to see if the some problem occurs, will update you in a few days if there is still issues.

The staff at the retailer store said that Bose will not hesitate to do a one for one exchange within 1 year of the warranty? But if it keeps having issues or the problem persist even after the one year can i ask for a full refund before the warranty is up? Im getting frustrated at this...

Thanks,

Kelvin

Hello Kelvin, 

Could you please also ensure that your headphones are running the latest available firmware version by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer.

The return policy for Bose is 30-days however, this may be different depending on the retailer you purchased with.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the results of the testing with your iPhone.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G