Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnhLe
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Open Earbuds - Low Volume

Hi there,

Do anyone have the problem in-call volume with your Open Sport Earbuds? Mine is very very low which I can't hear what they say. I tried turn volume to max, try to reset my phone/earbuds but no hopes. Music volume is OK. 

Just did some researching thru this site and found out this maybe a bug of Bose software which affected many series. There're so many complaints about the same issue with other series. 

Bose team, please support us!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnhLe
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Re: Introducing Bose Sport Open Earbuds!

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi again @Hector_B @Jessie_O 

It just happened to my new Bose Sport Open Earbuds, there was no problem with my previous earbuds, Sony WF 1000MX3. 

I attached the picture of my solution, and it will give someone who have the same problem a little help. 

Screenshot_20210220-003312_Google.jpg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Vicky_W

@AnhLe, I am sorry to hear you are facing issues when placing a call and would love to explore this more with you. Can I please ask if this is with all calls or a specific type like a WiFi call? Also, can I please ask which phone you have and if this happens on a different phone if you have one available to test at all?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AnhLe
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

@Vicky_W Hi Vicky,

1. The very low in-call volume happened with all call (Whatsapp, Duo, Messenger and normal calls). 

2. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G. 

3. This morning, I connected the earbuds with my old Note 9 and the wifi call works well, sound is better. After that, I  re-pair it back to my Fold and the issue happened again. Still very low.

Jessie_O

Hey AnhLe, 

Thanks for confirming these details! That is super helpful! 

Based on the information you have provided, it sounds as though this issue is specific to your Samsung Fold. Therefore, I would recommend that you try rebooting your phone. I would also double-check you are running the most recent firmware on the phone and the earbuds. 

Let us know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
AnhLe
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Hi @Jessie_O 

What I did:

1. Updated my Galaxy Fold to newest version. 

2. Updated the buds to newest version.

3. Reset the buds many times.

4. Reset the phone many times.

5. Unpair and re-pair many times.

6. Updated all programs/app in my phone. 

Final: All calls still have the very low volume which is very hard to hear. 

Please help or I have to send it back

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this AnhLe. 

Do you experience poor call audio with other Bluetooth headsets/devices or just with the Sport Open Earbuds? 

I'd also love to hear from any other members of the Community that are using the Galaxy Fold with these earbuds. 

AnhLe
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi again @Hector_B @Jessie_O 

It just happened to my new Bose Sport Open Earbuds, there was no problem with my previous earbuds, Sony WF 1000MX3. 

I attached the picture of my solution, and it will give someone who have the same problem a little help. 

Screenshot_20210220-003312_Google.jpg

View solution in original post

Mendoza805
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Hey @AnhLe ,

Looks like you got it!! I just tried this solution on my Note10 Plus for my Quietcomfort buds. Works good now and it's now loud enough to hear calls!! Thanks!