radiodogg42
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Overheating

I know the overheating issue has been covered before.  But, I live in WV.  It's 90-95 outside, and I'm riding around in the car with the windows down (My AC doesn't work in my beater car) and the're still shutting down.  It's not 122 degrees in my car!  Come on, man! 

3 REPLIES 3
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Overheating

Hi there @radiodogg42 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the overheating you've experienced here and would be happy to advise. I assume you're talking about our SoundSport Wireless headphones, although if I have this incorrect please let me know!

If so, please note that the temperature outside is not directly indicative of the temperature of the headset. Where these are pressed against your ears, they are likely to be a slightly higher temperature than your surroundings, and may cause the headphones to heat up. Please also note that the headphones should be kept up to date as well, to ensure that these are not shutting down before their maximum temperature.

If you ever think that your headphones are not working as intended, please reach out to local support by selecting your country/region, then going to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if required to have your headset serviced.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Liam W - Community Support

radiodogg42
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Overheating

I understand that being pressed against my ears causes extra heat. But having the windows down, with constant air flow, seems like it should be cool enough. It’s just a glitch I’ll have to live with. Like not being able to turn them up any louder. Great product, but if I’d known those two things beforehand, it would have been a hard pass. Thanks for the response. 

bcgraves6
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

e Re: Overheating

I have the same issue with the sound-sport headphones and this summer has been hot enough to the point where they just don't work outside.

Did you ever find a solution or other product that doesn't have this issue. Its a bit niche of request on a a dead thread but I haven't seen any other product listed with better heat tolerance and I don't want to spend a few hundred dollars on another set just to have the problem again.

Sticking to $15 wired headphones for now.