Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jazzkid
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Pairing Bose Soundsport Free

Hi, I am trying to connect/pair my Bose Soundsport Free Wireless, to my JBL Soundbar 5.1 and they are not pairing. I spoke to JBL who said to check with you that these are compatible to pair.

I have turned off both devices, disconnected other paired devices and still no luck with this.  Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

[ edited by moderator ] 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jazzkid
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Re: Pairing Bose Soundsport Free

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jazzkid

Thanks for the reply Hector.  Your explanation makes perfect sense.  I hadn't thought of that.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Hector_B

Hello Jazzkid, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

These two devices are not compatible. This is due to the headphones needing to be selected for them to pair with a device, rather than both devices searching for a Bluetooth connection at the same time.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jazzkid
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jazzkid

Thanks for the reply Hector.  Your explanation makes perfect sense.  I hadn't thought of that.

View solution in original post

Jazzkid
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Can you tell me how I arrange return of these headphones?  I have tried calling but have been on hold for ages and do not advance in the queue.

Tegan_M

Hi Jazzkid, 

What is your country of residence, I'll happily see if there are any other options for you to contact us. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Jazzkid
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

I am in Australia.  Thanks for your assistance

Hector_B

Perfect, thanks! 

Please attempt all of the contact methods that are listed here, I would suggest using Whatsapp next. 

I would also like to remind you that due to current world events, you may experience a delay in reaching the team.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jazzkid
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Thanks - was eventually able to contact them - Returned

fg23sport
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2021

hi! i have a problem connecting to fb messenger and sometimes viber with my soundsport free. it is already paired with my iphone 12 pro max but whenever i make calls using fb messenger it disconnects... then after a few seconds, tries to connect but disconnects again. this sometimes happens with viber as well. regular calls are fine.

firmware is up dated.  how do i fix this?