Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelgraham2
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

Pairing Soundsport Wireless to Airfly Duo

Hey all,

I recently bought an AirFly Duo Bluetooth transmitter so that could use my Soundsport wireless earbuds with the entertainment systems on airplanes. In any event, I decided to test out the AirFly before my flight next month, but have had no luck.

I have powered on my AirFly, pressed the pair button, and then powered on my Bose earbuds. At this point, I get a message that says "ready to pair, please select Soundsport from your devices Bluetooth menu." This is as far, as I get, as I have no way to select any device on my AirFly.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelgraham2
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

Re: Pairing Soundsport Wireless to Airfly Duo

Author Accepted Answer selected by michaelgraham2

Okay, I just finally got my earbuds and the AirFly paired. While both devices were in pairing mode I tapped the top button on the AirFly by accident and then heard "Connected to AirFly Duo." I am just glad I did not wait until I got on the airplane to try and figure this out. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Assuming this is the SoundSport Wireless and not the Frees, they do have multipoint BT so you can connect to two devices at once.  Maybe you can connect to your phone and use the connect app, to select and connect to the airfly.  Then the next time you turn on and the airfly is within range, it should connect.

michaelgraham2
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

Thanks, Morlock

I tried your suggestion, but the AirFly does not show up in the app. 

michaelgraham2
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by michaelgraham2

Okay, I just finally got my earbuds and the AirFly paired. While both devices were in pairing mode I tapped the top button on the AirFly by accident and then heard "Connected to AirFly Duo." I am just glad I did not wait until I got on the airplane to try and figure this out. 

View solution in original post