Mankat
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

Power off / power on Sport earbuds

simple question

how can I power on or power off the earbuds without using the charging case. 

why do I want to do this.  To preserve battery life.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Power off / power on Sport earbuds

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mankat

Hey Mankat,

Thank you for your feedback regarding battery life and power controls - I will pass this onto the relevant team to have your concerns heard.

However, I'm glad to hear you're loving the earbuds - long may this continue! If you have any further queries, feel free to post on the Bose Community at any time. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Hey Mankat,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I hope you're loving your Sport Earbuds so far!

In regards to your query, the earbuds can only be 'powered off' by being placed in the charging case. However, when they are out of the case, they will go into standby mode after 20 minutes to preserve battery life. If not possible to put into the case, putting the earbuds into standby mode with help contain battery life, but we always recommend placing them into the case if possible, to ensure they're full of charge when you need to use them next.

Let me know if you have any further queries regarding your Sport Earbuds!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Mankat
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

Thanks.  Can I suggest that power off functionality be included in a firmware update. Why?

The batteries in the buds have a finite life based on the number of charge cycles. 
I only use the buds for up to an hour at a time and can potentially get up to 5 uses per charge cycle.  This would prolong the life of the buds since the batteries are non replaceable.  
my suggestion is an environmental and customer value proposition.  
look forward to hearing back from you. 

Mankat
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

Oh. And I am loving the buds by the way 😀

Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mankat

Hey Mankat,

Thank you for your feedback regarding battery life and power controls - I will pass this onto the relevant team to have your concerns heard.

However, I'm glad to hear you're loving the earbuds - long may this continue! If you have any further queries, feel free to post on the Bose Community at any time. 

View solution in original post