Highlighted
albertohf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Problem updating bose sound sport free

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Bose soundsport free, I am trying to connect it to Bose Connect app and it is impossible, I have tried to update them via  https://btu.bose.com  and they are no recognised neither (I have got another Bose soundsport, wired version, and works fine), my problem is only with the sound sport free version.

What can I do to sort this issue?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Problem updating bose sound sport free

Hi albertohf, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry that you appear to be unable to update your SoundSport Free headphones.

Have you ensured that the headphones are securely placed within the charging case when connecting them to your computer via USB?

Can you also try using an alternate internet browser?

You can also update your product using the Bose Connect app. If an update is available for your product, the app displays an update icon (downward arrow) on the image of your product and in the product settings menu. 

• Tap the update icon to download the update. A white circular progress bar shows the download status
  • Once downloaded, tap UPDATE
  • Wait while the headset updates, which typically takes a couple minutes. Once complete, a check mark appears

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

albertohf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Hi,

I have tried in some several browseres and I have placed them into the charging case correctly, I am sure because they can charge.

I can not updated them throught Bose connect app because it does not find the speakers but I can connect them to my mobile phone, I mean I can use them but no bose apps can find them

Hey albertohf, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to hear that you are still unable to update your headphones. 

Let's start with performing a reset on the headphones by following these steps below: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

Once you have performed the reset, I would recommend that you attempt to use a different mobile device to see if you are then able to connect to the headphones via the Bose Connect App. 

I look forward to hearing back from you and if any other users are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

albertohf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

It did not work neither

Hello albertohf, 

I am sorry to hear that the steps provided did not work for you. 

Can I please ask where you purchased the headphones from? If possible do you have a link to the page? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

albertohf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

ebay seller

Hey albertohf, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

Can you please attach some images of the headphones if possible? If you have a link to the listing this would also be very helpful. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with this information. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

albertohf
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

any particular part of the item you are interested?

Hey albertohf, 

Thanks for your post and for reaching back out to us! 

Any images of the headphones would be great. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B