PoppArt
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2021

Problem with QC Earbuds and exercise

After learning that the QC Earbuds have the same sweat resistance as the Sport Earbuds (plus offer Bose's stellar noise cancelling), I opted to purchase them.  While I LOVE the sound quality, fit, noise cancelling, wireless case charging, and sweat proof features, I've encountered a recurring problem.  I use the Earbuds on my Peloton (I've never heard the Peloton classes sound better); however, the Peloton makes me sweat a LOT, and as my hair gets wet, my heavier hair begins to trigger the touch controls (especially when I come out of the saddle).  The last minutes of my ride are always compromised by endless checks on "battery level" and adjustments to "noice cancelling" levels.  Each of these ghost "adjustments" results in a "whump" sound and a corresponding drop in the Peloton program material.  It seems the touch controls are too sensitive.  I wish you could deactivate the touch controls through the music app.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Problem with QC Earbuds and exercise

Author Accepted Answer selected by PoppArt

Hello PoppArt, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for choosing Bose. 

I am sorry to hear that your hair is activating the touch controls. I will happily submit a feature request to deactivate the controls within the app for you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by PoppArt

Hello PoppArt, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for choosing Bose. 

I am sorry to hear that your hair is activating the touch controls. I will happily submit a feature request to deactivate the controls within the app for you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Marmaujo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2021

I feel your pain.  I purchased bose Sound sports and pulse ear buds/phones and to my surprise it will not charge.  I also purchased a Bose headphone, that too doesn't work.   I cannot believed I wasted my money on "Bose" headsets.  They want me to pay $119 for replacement or an attempt to trouble shoot because  its a year since I made my purchases.  NEVER will I buy this brand again.  Extremely disappointed.  Maybe I will return them to Costco, where they were purchased so I can get my money back.  DISAPPOINTED. 

charithah
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2021

I have the same problem. When running with the beanie in cold weather end of my work out due to sweat the touch controls get triggered. I have disabled all but voice assistant still get triggered and result in ghost dialing contacts randomly in my address book. Please provide a solution to completely turn off voice assistant triggering or toggle in app to disable touch controls.