Problems with Charging Port (SoundSport Wireless)

Silent Starter

Problems with Charging Port (SoundSport Wireless)

I have had my pair of SoundSport Wireless just about 8 months or so. They worked completely fine until about a month or so ago. 

At first, I noticed it was not charging fully when I plugged it in. Then, it started to only charge if the charger was pulled in a certain direction. Now, it won't charge at all and is completely dead. I plug the headphones in, and nothing happens. Either the green light flickers and they turn on and die in a minute, or they don't respond at all. 

They are updated to the most recent software, so I ruled out that possibility. 

I really enjoy these earphones and I am disappointed in less than a year they are already broken. I have had soundsport earphones in the past, and have never had issues like this. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Problems with Charging Port (SoundSport Wireless)

Hello Kaylaroy,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you have issues with the Soundsport Wireless however I would like to help.

Have you tried charging it with a different USB cable and experienced the same issue? 

I would also recommend resetting your headphones which occasionally correct such issues. This can be done by:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Let me know how yo get on.

Kindest regards,

Prince O- Community Moderator

Silent Starter

I tried different USB cables and it doesn’t work that way either. I also reset it before and it did not help unfortunately.

I believe the charging port itself might be defective internally.
Highlighted

Hi KayLaroy,

Thanks for the information provided.

In this case, I would advise you to get in touch with our team over the phone who will be able to go through extensive steps and if need be service your product for you.

To find the contact information for your country of residence, click on the here choose your country of residence, then click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards.
Prince O