Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2020

QC 20 wire issue

Hi,

My QC 20 headphones are intermittently loosing sound on one side depending on the position of the wire.  

Can I get this checked out and repaired (purchased September 2019).

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: QC 20 wire issue

Hi PDFMARS,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Sorry to hear that you are receiving intermittent audio from your QuietComfort 20 headphones. 

Let's do some troubleshooting before we look into the available service options, this may resolve this!

Firstly, are both the ear tips clear of blockages? Just to ensure the audio output is clear. 

I'd then connect your headphones to multiple devices to see whether or not this persists across all connected devices. If this does persist, can you take a look at the cable and connector of your headphones, does there appear to be any damage at all?

Do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions- the problem persists over multiple devices and there is no visible cable damage. 

Sound is lost when the wire between the volume control box and the battery is moved.

Thanks for your help

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming, PDFMARS.

It sounds like a hardware issue, so please reach out to local support to seek service. 

Our products come with a one year warranty in most countries so you should still be covered.

Details for support can be found here.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!