Highlighted
desaianal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

QC 20 wires fraying just out of warranty period

My Bose QC 20 headphones are approximately 2 years old and suddenly the wire is fraying at all the joints. It had taken me months of saving to collect enough money to spend behind these headphones and I am very disappointed with such a mediocre product from Bose. I had taken utmost care and had very light use. When I called them to ask the reason behind this, the rep 'Rochelle' claimed this was an isolated incident and Bose has no prior complaints when there are several community threads and plenty of websites that have reported the same issue within the same time period. Rochelle offered a replacement for $189 instead of the retail value of $249. Regardless of the reason, one would expect a $250 headphone to last more than 20 months and a company like Bose to accept the flaw in manufacturing rather than label this as an isolated incident. I am sure if I take the replacment I will be having the same problem in another year and their solution will be to invest $180 more into this poorly constructed product. For those who are contemplating to invest in these, please beware and think twice before you invest. The quality and customer service of Bose is no longer what it used to be. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: QC 20 wires fraying just out of warranty period

Author Accepted Answer selected by desaianal

Hi desaianal

Thank you for joining the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but I would be glad to help!

I'm going to reach out to via PM, please respond back so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by desaianal

Hi desaianal

Thank you for joining the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but I would be glad to help!

I'm going to reach out to via PM, please respond back so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

View solution in original post

Mannie
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

Hello Tony,

I have a QC 20 noise cancellation headphone for Android. It's still under warranty. the wires that connects to the noise cancellation device is "coming out" ( I can see all the wires) . I also send a request for RMA replacement.

My registered email address is entwong.us@gmail.com  Hoping to hear from you the soonest time possible. 

Best regards.

Mannie

desaianal
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

Thank You Tony for a quick response and looking into this issue and offering a replacement. 

nidhip
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

This is the same issue I am also having. I purchased my QC20 Noise Cancellation Headphones for my Apple device. I am very disappointed in this that a Bose product would do this. I spent $299.95 on these 2 years ago and they fraying, no matter how gentle I am, is getting worse, and I am not going to be happy to buy a new pair. It takes a lot of time to save up for these headphones and I am extremely disappointed. I took them into a local Bose store and they told me the place I purchased my headphones from didn't exist. I pulled up the store on the map, and they didn't apologize or say that was a mistake on their part. This service was extremely rude and very disrespectful. 

I am not sure how I should go about these headphones and am scared with the wiring now being frayed more and more each day, my headphones will stop working completely. Bose products should not have this much wear and tear in only 2 years. This is supposed to be a superior product and quality should be of the best, and I am very disappointed to say Bose products are not the same as they used to be. 

I would like some sort of resolution on this issue. QC20 Frayed Wiring.jpg

Mannie
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

Where will I go for PM?
Community Manager

Hello all

Thanks for reaching out to the community!  I'm sorry that you're experiencing these issues. I would recommend contacting your local support by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us to display a number for support in your area so we that they are able to discuss service options with you.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Mannie
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

The issue has been resolved. Went to a Bose shop and they halped me. Thanks
Morten1979
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2018

Hello Bose,
I am having the same issue as above - my QC20 for iPhone are fraying (in 3 places). I have visited a local (authorized) Bose shop in Paris (Passy, 16e arr.) but they told me I had to buy a new set at full price. Surely this cannot be the case? Can you redirect me to a reliable dealer that will take my request seriously?

Kind regards,
Morten Sigsgaard
Email: morten.sigsgaard@gmail.com
Morten1979
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2018

Dear Tony A / Bose support

I have been in touch with Bose France to report my frayed cables. They just informed me:

The replacement of QC20i out of warranty is 189 Euros TTC

Honestly, I am rather upset about this. Yes, I bought my QC20i’s 4 years ago, but I certainly didn’t expect them to just last 4 years. So I consider that the fraying of cables in 3 different places is due to poor craftsmanship. And having to pay €189 for a replacement seems excessive, to be very honest.

May I ask you to reconsider?

Cordially,
Morten Sigsgaard