Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

QC 20i with Skype constant high pitched noise for other side

Hi there, 

when I use my QC 20i for Skype calls (not business version, Windows 10), I got the feedback from several different skype-partners that they hear a high pitched noise (that I don't hear). This noise stops when I remove my headset.

I have all settings on skype default.

So far, nobody mentioned anything when I use the headphones with my phone, so I assume it is not the headphones per se.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: QC 20i with Skype constant high pitched noise for other side

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello kleinespeh, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

This is very unusual and I am sorry that you are experiencing this problem with your QC 20i headphones. 

Do you have another headset that you could test with Skype to see if it is solely related to the QC 20i's or a problem with Skype?

I would also advise double-checking that you are not having issues when making calls on your phone. This will help to pinpoint the cause of the high pitched noise. 

Get back to me once you have done some testing. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello kleinespeh, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

This is very unusual and I am sorry that you are experiencing this problem with your QC 20i headphones. 

Do you have another headset that you could test with Skype to see if it is solely related to the QC 20i's or a problem with Skype?

I would also advise double-checking that you are not having issues when making calls on your phone. This will help to pinpoint the cause of the high pitched noise. 

Get back to me once you have done some testing. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Hi there, 

When using it with my phone (calls, skype) it does not seem to transmit this high-pitched sound.

However, my counterparts report to hear it when I am using the headphones in combination with my laptop (Microsoft surface) with skype, microsoft team and zoom. It only stops when i unplug the headphones...

Is there anything I can do to tackle the issue? 

Highlighted

Hi Kleinespeh,

Thank you for the extra information! It certainly is unusual that you are only getting this noise when connected to your laptop on a call.

So I know a bit more about your setup, are you using any adapters when connecting the headphones to either your phone or laptop?

Do you have any other headphones or speakers with microphones that could be tested with your laptop? It would be useful to know if this happened with any headset connected to the headset port on your computer or just the QC20i's.

The other thing that would be useful to test, if possible, is other voice software on your computer. Either something that records audio from the headset or another VoIP software that could be used to see if the sound is always present with the computer and this headset or if it is just with skype.

I look forward to hearing more from you!