Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

QC Earbuds Connection issues

So, I received my QC Earbuds yesterday and have some issues that I want to see if are universal or specific to my situation. I am running a pixel 3 on android 11 just to be clear. Almost every time I start a Spotify song the left ear will cut out for 2 seconds and then it like fades back and forth between left and right until finally it finds a balance in the middle. I will experience this again once the second song starts but it's not at the beginning but rather closer to the middle and this has happened repeatedly so I know it wasn't a fluke, I also hear some crackling from time-to-time. I also have found that pausing and playing audio has been an issue specifically with Spotify, it works great with audible and I don't get the cut outs when using audible so not sure what's going on there. I also notice that during a call, it fades back and forth pretty regularly like the earbuds are having a hard time staying synchronized. I am also experiencing major lag after I set my phone down and pick it up where the headphones won't play audio or connect for about 10 seconds. I have also seen that if the buds are pulled out of the case at the exact same time they won't power on when put in my ears so I have to pull one out before the other to get them to recognize that they are in my ear and power up. I did try and connect to an iPad and am disappointed that you can't have multipoint connections with these earbuds like you can with the SoundLink On-Ear headphones, but anyway, I still experienced the fading back and forth a ton but not as big of a cut out at the beginning of songs. Anyway, please help if you can, I either want to replace them with a non defective pair or return them but don't know if the retailer I went through will take them back which is for another thread altogether.

I really appreciate your time and help and want to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Re: QC Earbuds Connection issues

Thanks for letting us know you are experiencing these issues. 

Do you experience the same things when you use other music services other than Spotify? This will help pinpoint where the issue is on your headphones. 

I look forward to your response. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Hello,

I have my brand new QC earbuds and am trying to use them with my S10+ smartphone and windows 10 PC, but I have the issue that when I start playing something the sound crackles and it first starts in the right earbud, then goes to the left one and finally settles on both of them, this happens in every app (both streaming and playing local media) and also happens if I pause the audio for a few seconds and then start playing something, especially noticeable in apps like Tik Tok, Instagram or Youtube when pausing and jumping to another video.

I tried the following:

- reset the QC earbuds as described in the support page

- rebooted my phone and computer

- tried using other bluetooth headphones (including the first gen QC35 over ears) and those don't have any issues

PS: Also my earbuds are on the latest firmware, 1.0.7

Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

I have the same problem as @redspider22 with the same smartphone - that's pretty annoying. The problem get's even worse with Spotify: There seem to be buffer issues sometimes which normaly can't be really heard, but cause the Bose QC Earbuds to drop out for multiple seconds in the middle of a song. In comparison there are no dropouts with local played music ("just" the one in the beginning).

Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

I just took mine out of the box and paired with my iPhone and am having the same kinds of connection issues. Same when pairing with my PC and Mac. Pretty disappointed with the experience, so I'm returning them.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Having the same issue, but on a Surface Pro 4 tablet. The buds work perfect with my phone, but not with my tablet.

Every 10-15 seconds, the sound is disrupted, stuttering out for just a moment, back and forth between the buds, before stabilizing.

Hey there, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are also having this issue. 

Have you tried clearing the pairing list on the earbuds? You can do this by pressing the Bluetooth button in the case for 10 seconds. Once complete, delete the pairing on the source device and then reconnect like a new connection. 

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

I have just purchased the QC earbuds, they are updated to 1.7 latest software and everything; however i am facing major connectivity issues. especially while using spotify, the music keeps dropping, the connectivity keeps lagging and there is major glitching in the sounds, its almost unusable. I have reset the device and my phone is the only device connected with the ear buds. I am not facing continous connectivity issues on apple music, but there is a slight glitching where either earbuds stop working for a few seconds while on a call or when a new song starts playing on apple music. Spotify is absolutely unusable and this is very very dissapointing because this has been an issue with bose earphones from 2017 when bose came out with the soundsport. I was hoping this wouldve been fixed by now. Please tell me if there is a solution or if i need to return the earphones

Hey Arijit2411, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the connectivity of your earphones using Spotify, this is certainly not what we would expect. 

Have you been able to try a different source device? This will help us to determine if the issue is with the earphones or the source device. I have included the LINK HERE, to include instructions on how to 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2020

I have the same problems with my Earbuds (v. 1.7). It's when I'm connected to my  Macbook Pro (MacOS Big Sur, v. 11.0.1) using all kinds of software (Zoom meetings, different media-players). From what I've noticed they seem to be working fine with my iPhone (iOS 14). 

I've tried to:

- Update

- Reset 

- Disconnected all previously connected Bluetooth-devices

Currently waiting for a software update that'll hopefully fix the issue.