ezstreet1997
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

QC Earbuds - How to activate transparency mode? How to connect to a laptop?

I just got my QC Earbuds (upgrading from the QC 20) and so far I am pretty disappointed all around. However, I'm going to keep giving them a shot. I do not see any option for turning on the "transparency mode" that was advertised and am wondering how to activate it. Additionally, when I try to add a new device to connect my headphones to, the plus sign and add new buttons do not work, and it does not show up under devices on my laptop. How do I connect the headphones to my laptop? I can tell by this forum I am not the only one disappointed. 

7 REPLIES 7
ezstreet1997
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Re: QC Earbuds - How to activate transparency mode? How to connect to a laptop?

Now I got my laptop to show up in the bose app but in order to connect with it, I have to disconnect from my phone which brings me back to the products screen. And I can't connect it from that screen. Seems like it should be very simple yet its not. 

ezstreet1997
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

And once it is connected to my laptop, how do I control the earbud settings? The more I use these headphones the more issues I encounter.

User1234
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

I have the same frustration.  It doesn't appear that I can toggle between connected sources via the Bose music app.  I have disconnect from the device I'm currently using and reconnect via the new device.  How come we can't switch devices from the app?  Also, as alluded to above, I'm having difficulty controlling volume when connected to my laptop.

Can we expect these issues to be resolved through a software update?

Jessie_O

Hey there, 

I'm glad to hear that you were able to connect to your laptop! To confirm, you can press the Bluetooth button on the case to activate pairing mode. Once you hear 'ready to connect' you can search for new devices on the laptop. This is all outlined HERE

For conversation mode, there are a number of different ways that you adjust the level of noise cancelation. If you double-tap your left earbud, this will cycle through your favorite settings. You can set these in the Bose Music application. If you have not set these, the default will be "full noise cancellation" / "some awareness" or "full transparency". Auto-transparency is also enabled automatically when they remove an earbud, enabling full transparency on the other earbud. You can also set this manually in the application. I have included a LINK HERE which explains this for your reference.

When the earbuds are connected to the laptop, the settings cannot be adjusted. However, you can use the touch controls on the earbuds as mentioned earlier in this post. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kevin8230_
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

Can you guys make an update on the Quiet Comfort Earbuds so that you can turn on Transparency Mode on and off right away just like with the Conversation Mode on the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700?

Tmiddlebrook
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

This response only answers half the queries in this thread. What about the issue of toggling between sources? I don’t see the purpose of having “add device” or a list of stored sources if it’s not possible to toggle between them. I understand you must disconnect first, but why redirect to the product screen once this has happened?

On the sources page of the Bose music app I would like to be able to disconnect from my phone and simply activate the connection between my laptop and earbuds. 

I currently have to disconnect from my phone, go to the settings in my laptop and then activate the connection. 

And as per the other comments, the functionality is really limited when not connected to the phone!

Jessie_O

Hey tmiddlebrook,

We appreciate your thoughts and feedback!

You'll find a similar thread related to this discussion HERE. As noted on the thread, the best way to switch is by using the Bluetooth settings of your device directly.

However, we welcome your feedback and have tagged this post to be reviewed by the relevant team.

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!