Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leodis
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

QC Earbuds with PC and Teams

Received my earbuds today and love them to bits. Would strongly recommend. Great comfort and audio. I've owned very many Bose products, but these, and my Soundwear, are heading to be the favourites. 

One challenge is pairing with a PC and audio quality in Teams (MS product and trademark). They work great for audio with, say, Spotify, but Teams shows two audio devices - the buds as a handsfree and then buds themselves. I have to use the "handsfree" description to get any audio from Teams, but then the audio breaks up. 

They work brilliantly for music, but I'd like them to also work for audio and mic in Teams with the same quality,

As anybody else had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

21 REPLIES 21
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: QC Earbuds with PC and Teams

Hey Leodis!

It's great to hear how much you are enjoying your new Earbuds! Especially as you feel they are up there with your favorite Bose products!

It's odd that you are hearing the audio breakup while using Teams. You are correct that you will want to use the handsfree profile for Teams as this is the profile that lets you use the microphones on your headphones. Have you noticed any pattern to when the audio breaks up while using Teams? Does anything seem to be triggering the break up, does it always happen after a certain amount of time, or anything like this?

We do have a handy guide for using Bluetooth devices with computers HERE that I would recommend looking into. There's a lot of helpful information and advice that I'm sure will help with your connection with your PC.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Leodis
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Thanks.

Have just seen this (other messages has pushed it down the list).

It happens when I go to the call quality test in Teams and happens every time I try. If I use handsfree for the mic and the other setting (which works in Spotify) for the output then there is no audio, so I have to set the handsfree setting for both mic and output.

Will have a look at the guide and revert.

Leodis
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

For info - I'm using a Microsoft Surface Book 3 with the Surface docking station, so the Surface does see other audio outputs, but I have set to use the buds. As I say, Spotify is great, it's just Teams.

Will also try on a second Surface Book.

Jessie_O

Thank you for coming back to us @Leodis.

Have you tried the troubleshooting outlined by @Keith_L above? 

Let me know how it goes!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Leodis
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Thanks.

I’ve got further with this. Tried on a different Surface Book 3 without the docking station and the sounds was OK - not as good as other headsets and not as good as the same buds on the same device with Spotify - maybe a codec thing? With Teams I tend to find that Bluetooth headsets with a dongle work best - so that could be it.

Returned to the original Surface Book, using that undocked, got similar sound quality to the other - so better than when first tried. Re-docked and made sure no other devices active and it seems to be OK, just not best quality.

Main issue now is not being able to work out how to control call volume in Teams when using the buds. PC audio controls only seem to work with the PC output (and Spotify). Can’t currently find a way of controlling  volume in Teams in a call on a connected a Bluetooth device that doesn’t have its own controls.

Will review the earlier instructions and keep trying so see if I can iron out the remaining bits (volume and UC quality).

The buds are brilliant on my iPad and iPhone, as they are single source would like to also use them with the PC for both music (which works really well) and UC.

Jessie_O

Hey Leodis, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

If you click on the volume control on the bottom right of your PC screen when you have your earbuds connected, you should have the option to manually increase or decrease the volume of Teams individually. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

kraftwerx
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

Is there any chance that the UC dongle can be used with the Earbuds?  I am currently using another UC headset and the dongle makes all the difference in the world.  Not just in call quality, but also in call control functionality with Teams, Zoom, WebEx, etc.  Being able to have my mute button affect the UC application is only possible from the dongle.  I really want the earbuds and currently use the corded version for the airplane, but need UC functionality.  Earmuffs are not my preference either.

Leodis
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Thanks Jessie, that's helpful.

Didn't know that you could select the various audio sources for a PC like that and then change them. The fix did mean that I had to temporarily change all output to be via the buds. That also helped me understand the sound quality by comparing. For music the PC will output to the other option that is listed for the QC buds and quality is great. For Teams I have to use the handsfree as mentioned above and it seems to have lower quality.

I assume this is a codec thing to minimise delay(?) 

Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Also interested in this. 

Using earbuds with webex also don't work so well. Much background noise.