chaw704352
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

QC Earbuds won't Connect to Bose Music app

While this did work for a few days. I now can not get my QC Earbuds to connect to the Bose Music app. Buds will connect to my phone and computer, just not the app. I have deleted all bluetooth and re-set up, uninstalled and reinstalled app, updated to latest firmware. Nothing works. the application finds my headphones, tries to connect for 60 seconds or so and then gives a "failed to connect" message.

Any idea how to make the app work again?

Not the the app is useful for much (no EQ, no volume in "favorites", etc., no location-based NR like many many other apps including Jabra)....but it is very frustrating. Have many many more issues with these headphones in the 1 week i've had them, but trying to keep this one topic at a time.

15 REPLIES 15
Sam_F

Re: QC Earbuds won't Connect to Bose Music app

Hey chaw704352,

I can imagine that is quite frustrating! The troubleshooting you've tried so far would have been recommended so I'm sorry to see that has not helped.

What device are you using to run the Bose Music app, and have you tried connecting the buds to the app using a different device to see if this is working? Also, have you tried signing out of the Bose Music app then back in, or resetting your device running the app? Let me know if you notice any improvement!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
wpwsl@aol.com
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2020

Thought ear buds could be logged into Bose Music and sound level, etc could be adjusted like Hearphone could be with their app. I can not even get into Bose Music. All it wants me to do is go thru Facebook. I do not want to go to facebook to control my ear buds. What must I do to go direct or does nothing allow adjustment of ear buds.

Mandeyjean
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Hello! 
I have the same problem with my sound sport buds, model 423729. They will not connect via the Bose Music app or just through regular Bluetooth. 

Any help is greatly appreciated since they are just over a year old my only option is replacement and I’m very disappointed. 

TIA!!

Jessie_O

Hey both, 

Thanks for joining the conversation. 

You do not need to log in through Facebook but you do need to create an account for the application. You can find out privacy policy HERE if you would like to read through this first.

@Mandeyjean, I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. I would recommend following the steps already outlined in this thread. If they are unsuccessful, I would recommend trying a different device. I also suggest restarting your source device. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Mandeyjean
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Hey @Jessie_O ,

Thank you for the reply! I have read through the forum and I have completed all the steps outlined including updating the software...multiple times now with no success. They do not connect to any device. They are stuck in a connecting loop. There is only a blinking white light from the left ear bud. Besides going into standby mode with inactivity, they literally do not do anything else.

It’s so frustrating to many of people out here, clearly. We need help, please!!

chaw704352
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Finally got app to work doing a phone reset. This was on a Surface Duo. Bluetooth connection to device has been OK... It was the app that got messed up. 

Not sure why a phone reset worked though. 

Still would give my right arm for volume control on the buds and multidevice functionality. 

mgtx36
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Has there been a fix for this yet? I just purchased the QC earbuds today and they will connect to my phone so I can listen to music and make calls, but they will not connect through the Bose Music app. 

I have tried multiple times, restarted the phone, restarted the buds, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and everything else I can think of but to no avail. 

Will the bose connect app work instead? Because I never had any issues like this with that app.

RedlanceEQ
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2020

Bose Sport Earbuds will not connect to Bose Music

I've recently purchased Bose Sport Earbuds to use with my LG V20 on Android 7. Out of the box, the earbuds found the phone without a problem and paired with it. They even paired with my old Cowon J3.

I downloaded the latest version of the Bose Music app from Google Play and installed it.

Signed in without a problem and started setting up a new device.

The app goes through the whole motion of seeing the earbuds, getting me to set them on "ready to connect" mode.

Once that happens it switches back to the connecting screen and hangs there, giving me hopeful messages of "hang tight, almost there" and "still working on it". After a minute or so, I get a "Connection failed, try again".

I've cleared the device list, unpaired the earbuds from the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. All to no avail. I still cannot get it to work.

This is highly frustrating as without the app, all I can do is play and pause the music, use the assistant with the right earbud and that is it. The left earbud does not skip track on double tap or any other shortcut.

Is there any way to debug this?

RedlanceEQ
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2020

Re: Bose Sport Earbuds will not connect to Bose Music

Merging my thread in this one is not helpful. I tried all the steps given to no avail, bar the reset of my phone.

I did not do that one as I do not understand why I'd need to reset my phone when it is a problem from the app itself. The phone sees the sport earbuds without a problem.

I frankly had come to expect better from Bose support than this...