oxyignorant
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

QC Earbuds wont pair after reset

I reset my earbuds because they wouldn't shut off while in the case, they would just stay connected to my Oneplus 8.

Ive tried resetting them with the exact instructions here and im just not sure they change. Keeps saying "mobile device not found" in the headphones when I pull them out, then just shut off. Cant pair them to my computer or my Note 9 either, says headphones reject pairing.Ive reset the bluetooth settings aswell as cleared the bluetooth apps cache on my oneplus. The Pairing button does nothing until you hold it long enough for them to reset/reboot or whatever its doing. They are only a week old, perfect condition.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Re: QC Earbuds wont pair after reset

Hey @oxyignorant, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I am very sorry that you're not able to connect your new QuietComfort Earbuds to your devices. So when the reset is complete, this should clear the pairing list too. When you're holding the button, after 10 seconds do you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
oxyignorant
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

No. The headphones do not change after holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. I feel as if the device never has reset, as after the reset the lights stay pulsing white - instead of switching to blue.

I've reset the device multiple times, even using a stopwatch to get the timing on everything just right.

My headphones ARE charged to 100 percent. It does say to make sure they are charging during the reset process - would this be an issue?

Also, I've noticed when they are in the case they beep randomly? It sounds like the sound it makes when you first insert the headphones in your ear.

Charlotte_G

@oxyignorant Thanks for getting back to me with this information. It won't be a problem that they are fully charged when performing the reset process. 

Could you please head over to btu.bose.com on a computer and follow the steps to ensure the latest firmware is installed manually. Should this not resolve the issue, I'd have to recommend that you contact local customer support to explore the service options available. - Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Huggtand
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

FYI

This happened to me today. My qc earbuds working fine in the morning. Switching between devices, but then suddenly they won't go into pairing - blue light. They stay in white light. While putting them in ear just plays the bose sound. No voice. Also seems like the hear thru is active on the right bud. Not left. 

Holding button don't do anything but the white light during off after 30 swc or so.

Flawed.

Jessie_O

Thanks for reaching out to us @Huggtand

Were you able to carry out the update suggested by @Charlotte_G

I look forward to hearing from you!