Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

QC Earphones will not disconnect while in case

My QC Earphones stay connected to my phone while in case charging.

this is extremely annoying, I missed my alarm this am because my phone was connected to earphones and directing all output audio to them.

how can I fix this? Earphones should automatically disconnect once taken out + placed in charger.

also, why can’t earphones connect to two devices like QC headphones?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: QC Earphones will not disconnect while in case

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry that you are experiencing some difficulty with your QuietComfort Earbuds.

You are correct, your earbuds should no longer be connected whilst in the charging case. Did you close the case? Can you also confirm that your earbuds state they're charging when placed within the case?

As for the multi-point connection, this is not possible with our QuietComfort Earbuds. This is because the earbuds use a primary and secondary connectivity, the primary bud (the right) initiates the connection to the secondary left bud. By adding an additional device would extend this chain which could result in staggered audio.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

I have the same issue! And also when I have played eg. spotify on my phone put them in my case and start playing on the computer. After a while my music stops since the earbuds (while in the case) connects to my phone and start playing. I have to disable Bluetooth on my phone to be able to play music on my computer.

Highlighted

Hey Gelbander, 

Thank you for joining the conversation. 

Were you able to try any of the troubleshooting steps outlined by @Tegan_M?

Let me know!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Did you close the case? Can you also confirm that your earbuds state they're charging when placed within the case?

Yes, the lid was closed and they were charging. But, the music was playing without me knowing, and eventually, the battery in the case and earbuds was depleted.

Anyway, I've tried them for a few more days and connecting between iPhone and iPad works pretty smoothly. So I've figured the main issue is when connecting to Mac.

Worth noting is that I own the QC35 II and they have serious issues when connecting to Mac too, not that but they on the other hand have an on/off switch.

Am I on the right track here? Do they have a hard time connecting/disconnecting to apple laptops?

Highlighted

Hey gelbander,

You shouldn't notice any particular issues when specifically using a Mac for Bluetooth connection, but if you are, it'd be best to check that all Mac software is up-to-date to ensure you receive all bug fixes and updates.

Also, are your QC Earbuds still experiencing the same issue with playing whilst placed in the charging case, or has that passed?

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

Hi,

I just started experiencing this issue with my sportbuds. The first few days the buds would turn off when I put them in the case, now they just stay connected to my pixel phone. I have to turn the Bluetooth off on the phone so I can make calls and listen to music on it.

What tips can I try to fix this?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

I'm having similar issues with by QC Earbuds.  After I put them in the case, and they successfully disconnect (and start charging), the earbuds will spontaneously reconnect.  I am not touching nor interacting with the case in any way.  The case is sitting on a table and suddenly they just reconnect.  I was on a phone call when suddenly the call disappeared.  I realized that the earbuds just reconnected on their own.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2018

Hello,

As of today, I am experiencing the same behaviour. While in the case my devices are still trying to connect to the earbuds. Can reproduce the issue on my galaxy S10 and on my iPad.

The bluetooth signal is available while the lid is closed. And in the app I can see the buds and can change settings like NC and favorites.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2018

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 18.26.37.png

When trying to connect to the BTU app on my mac, case is closed, earbuds are in the case.