Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

QC buds show as connected but no sound

I’ve had my QC buds for nearly 2 weeks and I’m really pleased with them.

I’ve found that when I open the case, if I insert them in my ears whilst the led’s are flashing, they connect and show as being connected on the device but there is no sound even though I can see a track playing from Apple Music. 

If I put them back in the case, close the lid, open the lid, then wait for the led’s to go to white and show the battery status, they connect and I can hear what is playing on my device.

Is this normal? Ie open case and wait for LED’s to go white and show charge status before I insert them in my ears and start listening?

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: QC buds show as connected but no sound

Hey matforde,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your QC Earbuds so far! Thank you for explaining what you're currently experiencing regarding the quick use of the buds.

Do you notice any difference if you try the following:

1. Take buds out of case

2. Close lid on case

3. Put buds in ears

4. Play music

Also, how long do you usually have to wait for the LED on the buds to change from flashing to solid when taking them out of the charging case?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Thanks for your response.

I try the 4 sequences below and let you know.

When you say how long do you usually have to wait for the LED on the buds to change from flashing to solid when taking them out of the charging case? Do you mean flashing blue to solid blue?

When I open the case the buds do the following:

they briefly are white (presumably because they are charging)

they then briefly flash blue

they then go to solid blue

and they they return to white (flashing if they are still charging)

I also came across another strange thing.

Over the past week, I have been listening on and off for maybe an hour or two at a time. Each time I finish I return the buds to the case and they recharge fully.

When I got home yesterday, I open the case. It showed 3 LED’s on the front of the case which according to the User manual, indicates about 50%-60% charged. The buds were fully charged at 100%.

I used them for a few hours and ran them down to 30%. When I finished, I opened the case which again still showed 3 LED’s closed it and left them.

When I went to use them again this morning, I opened the case - no LED’s lit up on the front and the buds were still at 30% charge. 

I plugged the case in to charge and the LED’s indicated that it was charging from zero% as all 5 LED’s were lighting up one after the other. 

Very strange!

Highlighted

Thank you for taking the time to explain what your experiences have been, matforde. You are correct - I was meant to ask how long does it take for the earbuds to change LED to solid blue.

From what you said, it seems as if the charging case did not end up charging your buds when you placed them in the case overnight? However, the charging case lost battery life and was at 0% without the buds being charged. Since your post, have you noticed any things else that has stood out to you regarding the charging case?

What I'd recommend you try first is a reset of the earbuds, to clear any minor underlying issues, as shown HERE. Did you move the charging case to a different power outlet/socket, or did you just unplug and plug back into the same socket?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!