therobj
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

QC earbuds connnect to phone when not being used

Hello, does anyone else have this problem? i will only realise that this has happened when i pick up my phone to watch a video or something and no sound comes out as the earphones have connected to my phone despite them being in their case. The only workaround for this that i can think of is to switch the bluetooth off on my phone when not using the earbuds but i don't really want to do that as i  need it on to connect to other speakers. 

2 REPLIES 2
Sean_L
Bose Employee
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Re: QC earbuds connnect to phone when not being used

Hi @therobj! If you put the QC Earbuds into the case and close the lid, that will turn them off and disconnect them from your device. Also if you are using the Bose Music app you can disconnect them from your device under the "Source" option in the app. This will prevent you from having to turn the Bluetooth off on your source device.

Hope this helps!

therobj
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Re: QC earbuds connnect to phone when not being used

Hi Sean, thanks for getting back to me. hope you're well. unfortunately the problem isn't in disconnecting from the earbuds. they always disconnect fine. the issue is with them reconnecting with my phone while they are in their case and i am in the same room. this might happen on a day that i have not used the earbuds and i only realise that they have connected to my phone when i go to use them next and the battery is drained. Hope this clarifies things further.