Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

QC20 Frayed Wires and whistling Noise in Left Ear.

My QC20 in-ears are out of warranty, but I like them. Unfortunately over the past year the cables have started to fray and the rubber covering the electronics/ battery has started to come off. there is also an occassional whistling noise in the left ear. Today, whilst looking for the serial No, I took of the ear soft rubber insert and the plastic clip holding it to the earphone broke off!!! All these problems happened during the last 2 weeks, except for the frayed cables. I cannot contact customer support as they are closed because of Covid-19. I would really like a solution to these problems. I bought them from the Qantas Shop, I think they cost AUD400 at the time. Lots of problems from an expensive product. Could the community please respond with a solution. I wait in patience in these difficult times. Regards Jimi.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: QC20 Frayed Wires and whistling Noise in Left Ear.

Hi Jimi, 

I am very sorry to hear of this experience which you are having with your QuietComfort 20 headphones. I would like to do what I can to help. 

The community is a place for troubleshooting and regrettably we do not have access to any service options via this platform. 

What is your country of residence? We would like to see if there is any way we can assist you at this time. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Re: QC20 Frayed Wires and whistling Noise in Left Ear.

Hi Teagan

I live in Australia.

RegardsJimi