Bose product name:

QuietControl 30

South Africa

Firmware Version:

App Version:

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on:
Iphone 12 Pro Max

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:

Green LED remains on, the product switches off by itself and then doesn't want to switch on again.

With the green LED remaining on, the battery drains extremely fast. 

Was very happy with the product but the support from Bose is appalling as I do not reside in the USA. I bought the QC30's in the UAE when I was there on vacation in 2017/2018. All the suggestions by Bose support on the forums don't work yet Bose support just keeps on making the same suggestions over and over... like a broken record. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Not Applicable 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Worked perfectly until about 2 weeks ago when the green LED started remaining on. So I did all the troubleshooting suggested by Bose and what I could find on the Forums however nothing worked. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took:

Tried resetting the device - no luck. 

Tried restoring previous firmware versions - no luck.

Updated the product to the latest firmware - no luck. 

Bose is aware of the hardware problem however the suggestions to the users helps absolutely nothing.  I tried logging a repair or replacement online but because I do not reside in the USA it is nearly impossible. The device was expensive when I initially purchased it and now Bose can replace it but again it's a further problem as I reside in South Africa. So in conclusion is it expected now that I just discard the device and waste my money or is Bose support actually going to stand -up and SUPPORT their product? Yes, I know the warranty expired, Yes I know the QC30 is no longer being produced.. so what's the next step? 

1 REPLY 1
Tegan_M

Re: QC30 Green Light on and switches off by itself

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear of your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to perform the suggested troubleshooting.

Please reach out to your local Bose technical support team via the information in this link. An agent here will be able to assist you with the available service options to you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!