Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: QC30 Left ear noise

Hello Dwin,

Thank you for letting me know what you have tested with.

If you have contacted support by phone, I would suggest to email them. If you go HERE, the different contact information is available.

Regards,

Joel 

Dwin
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Hi Joel

Well.... those things that u suggested are already done.... I did call and email them.... infact I made 3 emails... And when I wrote to them the real coz of the problem in which I upgrade the firmware..... no reply to the Bose service center here in Singapore..... it’s trouble some already.... specially my warranty just lapse few days ago....

Appreciate if anybody in Bose can help....

Thanks 

Edwin

Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Brand new qc30 here
Static noise in left ear bud AND higher/louder background noise in left bud (white noise i guess).
So disappointed in this. Now I have to call the team again and send it back etc etc.
Downgrade firmware please
Dwin
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

My One Week + experience here is not satisfactory and absolutely fustrating.

We cosumer are not protected with the quality of products Bose are selling. 100% they know the deffect of those products but instead of recalling it, they still selling it to us....

I will be moving-on and will not ever get a Bose product anymore..... Bad bad quality

Thondo
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2018

I am having the exact same issue as of 2 days ago. This is very likely an issue with a recent update. Far too specific a complaint to be coincidence.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for contributing to this post. I understand its frustrating. I would recommend contacting your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G 

Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Is the static noise fixed with the new firmware?
Dwin
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

I actually don't use it for a week now...

And just waiting for a replacement

Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

It still there but reduced somewhat.
Shouldn't have updated from 1.3.6.
Its present when any audio source is playing including incoming or outgoing calls. This buzz is activated also by adjusting NC slider/buttons. It stops some seconds after audio/phone call stops. It then activated once any source starts. It also stops some seconds after the NC has been activated.

Only left ear piece.

Since Bose here almost always tell users outside of US to call local team, I have done so. Waiting feedback it a user can downgrade the firmware. Otherwise this unit is in my point of view broken and I ll claim a refund.

Edit. Perhaps buzz is a bad description of the noise. Its a low noise, high frequency. Its not the NC sound.
Buzz starts if this unit is to close to any spot light I have at home. Luckily I don't have them in my living room.
WildfireS3
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Similar here.

For a while I have had the feeling that the noise cancelling on the left hasn't been as good as the right. For the last couple of days I have been getting headaches using the headphones for a time.

Turned them on today to get loud popping and crackling from the left ear. Noise canelling from that side is reduced and I can now here a very high pitched whine and some noise from the left, over the volume of the music.

Finally narrowed it down to the neck band. Squeezing the neck band gently illicits the static and popping. Sometimes it goes away only to reappear with a loud pop soon after.

The main circuitry must be located in the right and the left being a satellite connection which has somehow failed or been damaged. I always store them in the case and do not bend the band alot, only enough to slip them on and off.  

Checked my warranty (UK) which according to the shop is 1 year and it expired a month ago.

Very dissapointed in the longevity of such an expensive pair of head phones. I have Ultimate Ears and Shure headphones (non BT) that have lasted over 10 years with no issues.

However I took the extended care plan and will be getting them exchanged free of charge this afternoon (fingers crossed).

I full expect to have to exhange the next pair in December.