Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Re: QC30 Left ear noise

Thx for sharing

Where do you squeeze? The slim part at the back of neck?
WildfireS3
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

At first I thought it was the wire, but if I gently squeeze the ends together or open the band, as if you are taking them on and off, so it flexes at the thinnest part, I get popping sounds.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi, 

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would recommend contacting your local Bose Support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see " Contact Us." 

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

View solution in original post

Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

That stinks. Mine don't pop...for the moment.

Bose told me they have removed the option to downgrade. Just a few weeks ago.
Why?
WildfireS3
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

I think mine was a hardware failure. If I just run my head there is massive scratching and popping sounds from the left ear bud 😞

If I jiggle the neck band it’s terrible.

I have noticed the left ear feeling “louder” for a while now. Over the last week if I use them for an hour or so, I get 4 hours of splitting headache. I guess the noise cancelling has died.

I’ve had to junk them as I’ve worked out that it is the headphones that are causing the headaches. It was so bad today after the whining started. 30 min of using them and I had to go lie down. It was like a migraine.

Used my Shure’s and no issues.

1 year 1 month old. £19 a month for use. Almost £1 a week day.

Won’t be using Bose again!
cubes786
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

@BoseSupport,

Can you please tell us what is the root cause for this left earphone static noise issue? 

I got 1 replacement already in last May'18 and just today requested another replacement for the same issue! this cannot be some random fluke!

All fingers point to either a faulty design or a faulty supplier parts. I have been using Bose products for almost 10 yrs now (all my headphones in past + home entertainment system is Bose) and just in last 1 yr I am facing the same left earphone static noise issue in my QC30s.

I would expect the support to be more transparent on this forum - the phillipines support team had no clues.

Thanks for your understanding,

Sam

Huggtand
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

They are well aware of all flaws with QC30. They read what user post here but thats it.
Wait for next generation. I bet they ll kick buttons.
They
chung
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2018

I have the same issue recently after 1 year and 1 month since I bought QC30. Yes, the warranty just expired. It seems that there is a design issue in QC30. I contacted with my local Bose support. I got a very very OFFICIAL reply from them. I disappointed Bose very much. All I can do is to refuse to buy any Bose product and tell my friends about the situation I had.

vicjang
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2019

Has anyone solved the problem without getting a replacement?
(Does replacement even solve the problem?)

My QC30 was purchased in June 2018, and I am experiencing the exact problem described by most victims here: high pitch noise on the left side.

The noise is intermittent, and seems to have no correlation to any action I perform. I could be sitting completely still or walking on the treadmill, the noise could appear in any scenario. Noise cancellation level doesn't affect the noise either, it could appear with any setting.

What should I do?
WildfireS3
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

The only remedy is to claim under warranty and get a new pair. Depending on where you are, you’ll have 1 or 2 year warranty.

But your headphones will have to go off to Bose