QC30 Neckband peeling open

Highlighted
Silent Starter

QC30 Neckband peeling open

My QC30's are aproximately 2 yrs old and about 8 months ago I started to notice the tips on the neckband started to separate. Foolishly I ignored the problem and now they are on the verge of being unusable. The rubber casing has come away from the plastic and appears to have stretched making gluing it back together a very untidy fix.

These ear phones have always been kept in the case, not used for exercise - only for plane travel and after paying $450, I am fairly disappointed with global.bose' reaction by just referring to a 12 month warranty period.

Judging by the on-line forums mine is not an isolated case and Bose appear to be oblivious. Don't think I will be purchasing anything further from them

5 REPLIES

Re: QC30 Neckband peeling open

Hi Daron

Thanks for taking the time to post. We are very sorry for all the trouble you have experienced with your QC30.  We understand it's frustrating when a product stops working correctly. We generally don't repair headphones but would instead replace them with a new pair. Even beyond the warranty period, we try to provide service options that would involve a replacement at a discounted rate. For the available options for your situation, we would encourage you to work closely with your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi Daron,

Did you bought the QC30 from some some Asian country? I got mine from Hong Kong and have the same experience with you. My friend who bought QC30 in UK got replaced instantly. 

Silent Starter

Hi JHCK,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problem.

Tony G from community support gave me a link for a 'Contact Us' that you follow to your own country's Bose support (mine is Australia) and I found them to be very helpful. Bose support Aus are replacing the headphones under warranty.

Silent Starter

Thanks for the assistance Tony. Bose Australia were very helpful and are replacing the headphones under warranty.

thanks again

Hi Daron,

Thanks for the update! That's great to hear! Please come back and let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Tony G