Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2017

QC30 Red Light and can't charge

Hi All,

My QC30s are 2 years old. Suddenly, they won't charge or operate properly - I'm getting a solid red light when trying to charge. I've tried different USB cables, and when I use the cable that lets the computer see my phone as a file system(it has a sort of 'attenuator' thing), the computer recognized the earphones and I was able to use Bose Updater to upgrade the firmware to 3.0.3. Then the amber charging light came on blinking for awhile but it quickly turned green. When I turned the earphones on, I heard the normal 'uptones', followed almost immediately by the turning off 'downtones'. Now when I try to charge I just get the solid red light again. Is there any hope? Thanks in advance for any input 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: QC30 Red Light and can't charge

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mark_qc30

Hi Mark_qc30, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your QC30's. I will do all I can to assist you!

It looks like you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend for this issue. With this in mind, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you. 

If there is anything else we can do please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mark_qc30

Hi Mark_qc30, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your QC30's. I will do all I can to assist you!

It looks like you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend for this issue. With this in mind, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you. 

If there is anything else we can do please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2017

Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I`m very sad... My QC30 turns off 25s after I connect, even while the update process. Any solution for this big problem?

Highlighted

Hello Danielbbs, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QC30 headphones. I would love to try and help you to resolve them. 

Please could you try the following to fix the issue:

• Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and check the headphones are running on the latest software. 
  • Perform a device reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute and then turn on the headset. 

Let me know how you get on. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Hi, Vicky_W.

Doesn`t work... The red light is on when I plug USB charger on computer or wall outlet. Exactly 25 seconds after, the red light turns off.

Short time to Bose Updater recognizer device and start process.

Highlighted

Hello Danuielbbs,

Thans for getting back to me.

I am so sorry that you are still having this issue. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Hi there.

I'm new to the forum and I am experiencing the same problem with my QC30. Unfortunately I have lost the charging cable that came with the earphones 🙁 

Highlighted

Hi @Louise.Pearce

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing a power issue with your QuietControl 30 Headphones. 

Do you have another USB to MicroUSB cable available which you can use to attempt the previous troubleshooting within this thread?

If not, I would recommend that you contact your regions Bose product support team for further assistance regarding this matter.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will happily do what they can to assist you there. 

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. 

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Hey so i dunno how because i just started experiencing this tonight myself. I kept getting the red light when charging and nothing was working. I tried to do the computer update thing but they kept disconnecting. But what i just did and got the yellow light back to update was i held the power button down when i plugged them back into my computer. Now i have the blinking yellow and its allowing the update. Hopefully this works for me and yourselves.