Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thefunkyjoint
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Re: QC30 Red Light and can't charge

So here is what happens with my QC30.

I used it for about one and a half year. The last time i forgot it charging overnight. 

So after this, the phone won't turn on anymore.

When i try to charge, it will charge for about 10 seconds and then a fixed red light shows.

I tried to update : the update will perform for about 20 seconds and then the message shows :  "

Rudy Zaasof
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2020

I have to agree totally with this solution. Happened to mine exactly as stated when i opened it up. What a piece of sh....t design . For so many people with the same problem. It has made me change my mind about bose. I used to think they were the ultimate in quality and sound. They are producing sh...t i would expect from a cheap chinese knock off.

Rudy Zaasof
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2020

I have to update. The fault is as stated in an  earlier where the ribbon connector pulls out on the right side. It is a **bleep** to get back in and doesn't stay . I had a wire also that diconnected from the solder. The wires are  almost microscopic so forget about soldering it up. I am extremely supprised of the poor build quality. Looks pretty though on the outside.

TsarVic
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

I am having the same issue, red light shows when charging.

QC30’s won’t turn on.

tried the update, that gave me a flashing yellow light, then green. Unplugged them, turned them on, it gave me almost enough time to pair with my iPad, then shut down and dead.

tried power reset. Nothing.

tried update again, told me it was already updated, but this time I was able to connect to my iPad, then shutdown. Since then

nothing. Followed the link to BOSE support, out of warranty (15 1/2 months old). 
Basically one very unhappy customer here. 

BNNK
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2021

same problem here. it's occured since 3 days ago to me.

Just talked to service center, and they said unable to repair and only offer 20% discount under trade in program.

my QC30 is only about 3 years or less...and this is quite expensive for a device with such a short life span. 

really unhappy customer here (luckily i have not buy the BOSE home theatre system as i was considering to have their home system)