Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Re: QC30 Red Light and can't charge

OK so sort of worked. Got it to re-pair and update and then powered them down. Tried to turn them on again and nothing. Then did the same plug in got the red light. Did the plug in while holding down the power button and got them up and running like before. Clearly not a software issue but a power button hardware issue that Bose needs to fix.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

I have the exact same problem : I forgot the headphones charging overnight and next morning it won't turn on. When i try to charge, i get a red light. When i try to update, the update starts and suddenly stop.

My product has more than one year. I tried to get support on my local area, but they said Bose won't fix headphones.

It's very unfortunate a product so expensive is now lost and probably it's a software problem 😞 

Very disappointed with Bose !

Highlighted

Hello danield77, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your QC30's.

Are you performing the update manually? You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer. 

I would also recommend that you reset your headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Hello guys,

I thought of updating here in case it helps someone.

I just got handed a pair of QC30 with the red light problem. These specific ones did not do anything when trying to power on. No light, nothing. 
When connected to a charger sometimes a couple orange blinks before showing the red light or the red light directly. Tried updating with a computer and the update failed after a few seconds every time because the red light going off.

If your headphones do not turn on at all when not connected to a USB power source, but blink orange or red when connected to a power source then it is most likely the battery connector that came off.

Inside the headphones on the right side (where the buttons are) there is a flex connector that is used to transfer power (battery is located on the left side) as well as audio signals to the left earpiece. 

This connector can get loose if the headphones are stretched open too much. My pair was practically broken on both sides because of the stretching. 

Long story, short. I opened the right side connected the flex cable back into place and the headphones started working at once. 

Having said that, the procedure is not an easy one and the "battle scars" will be visible. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Bose Quiet Control 30 unable to update

My Bose QC 30 headphones recently started turning off suddenly, and then stopped turning on at all except for a solid red light on the battery indicator. I saw in other discussions that you should update to the new firmware to resolve this, so I tried to. Problem is, every time I try to update, the headphones disconnect so I can never finish it. Is there anyway to fix this?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose Quiet Control 30 unable to update

Hello Shananigans,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your QuietControl30 headphones, the red battery light that you mentioned indicates that there is a battery issue. I recommend that you call the customer care team in your area as they will be able to assist you further. 

I am sorry I have not been able to assist you further over this platform.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

Hi, I have the same problem, have had the product for several years without any issue on charging.  Now when I plug it in, the yellow light flashes for about 10 seconds, switches to red, and then stops.  I've tried to download the Bose updater on my Mac. Whilst it appears to have been downloaded successfully, nothing happens when I double-click the icon to launch it.  Please help! Is the updater currently working?

Highlighted

Hi @victoriapark

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry that you are unable to charge your QuietComfort 30 headphones. 

I am sorry that you are also experiencing troubles with updating your headphones. If you are currently able to turn on your headphones, do you mind confirming what update your headphones are currently at? You can view this in the Bose Connect App under your product details. 

If you are unable to do this, I would also recommend in using a different internet browser to see if this provides any improvements. 

Have you been able to try the additional troubleshooting provided in this thread? A red LED would indicate a battery error, therefore we would suggest that if this troubleshooting does not provide any improvements, you should contact your regions Bose product support team for further assistance. Our team can be contacted via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I couldn't solve it myself.

I took the product to the authorized store and they toldo me that doesn't have repair.

Theys send the product to BOSE, and replaced for a new one.

Holy warranty!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Greetings,

I have the exact same problem of not being able to charge my QC30 (with a red light when connected to power, but it turns off after a minute) and I can't seem to update it as well. I don't have the original packaging, so I don't know the Serial Number, what should I do?