Highlighted
radum
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

QC30 Rubber cover issue is caused by the case

Hi!

There has been many posts regarding this issue. Unfortunately once you are here it happened to you too.

I bought my QC30's about 2 years ago. The rubber cover is falling off. And due to this issue the sound is getting worse. As my QC30's are still less than 2 years old I could have them replaced. They are still under EU warranty. I don't want another model as the QC30's are just what I need. And I have the cure for this rubber cover issue:

For those of you who had them replaced or those who are in the process to have them replaced: well, just DON'T USE the Carrying case anymore. Because when you take the QC 30's out of their Carrying case you just force the rubber to fall off after just a few operations like this. And that is because the headphones are a little bit bigger than the Carrying case and you need to force them a bit to get inside. And the part that is forced to go inside is exactly the part of the headphones that will eventually peal off - the rubber cover.

Or if you really need a carrying case for them, just don't use the original one. Improvise. Place your QC 30's in a bigger case.

Good luck with that!

Cheers