Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

QC30 cannot connect Bluetooth devices anymore

My QC30 after 3 years of use suddenly lost connection with Bluetooth device. Tried different phones. 

No effect.

1. QC 30 reset as recommended

2. Connection list cleared

3. Update v.3.0.3. cannot be installed/ It disconnects after 35-55% being done.

Does someone have any idea???

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: QC30 cannot connect Bluetooth devices anymore

Hi igorvyatka,

Thank you for posting and joining the community! I'm sorry to hear you are no longer able to connect to your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

You have already done a lot of great troubleshooting with your headphones so thank you for trying that and letting us know the results. Resetting the headphones, clearing the pairing list and updating are all great steps to try.

It is interesting that the headphones are not able to complete the update when you are running it. As you are unable to connect via Bluetooth, I take it you are performing this update with the Device Updater on a computer?

The fact the update keeps cutting out when you are trying that step does make me think the best thing to do would be to reach out to your local support team for further assistance with this. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on with the support team!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Hi Keith,

Yes, I definitely tried to update using my PC.

Unfortunately, I am not in US right now, but in St.Petersburg (Russia)  and Bose support here is not a real helper. I 'll try to contact them anyhow when this corona mess is gone. If they would not be able to help then I'll  take QC30 back to US.

Here they often "play" with guarantee policy, saying that they cannot do anything - no spares,no rights to change, no qualified personnel etc.. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Hi Keith,

Sorry to disturb you again with my QC30 problems. Now I got two sets of QC30 ( registered and on warranty according to my profile at Bose.com)

Both of them have loosen rubber parts and one having charging problems and second got software issue.

After several attempts to contact Bose official dealer here in Russia, I decided to send them to my friend In US, Naples , Fl.

Can you please tell me what exactly should I send her - complete packaging with paper box etc. - or just headphones. And Is there any particular Bose dealer she should address to.

Thanks for your kind reply.  

Highlighted

@igorvyatka Sorry to hear that! You can coordinate through Bose US Support HERE. Please send in all items that originally came with the packaging, but do not worry if you don't have everything, you'll receive replacements.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!