Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

QC30 left ear static noise

My bose qc30 has very inbearable loud noise on the left ear. What can i do?

I updated the bose app via my mac, but it is not helpful at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: QC30 left ear static noise

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello eleanorliu,

Thank you for trailing these methods for us, I apologise that these did not prove to show signs of improvements. 

In this instance I would encourage you to get in contact with your regions Bose product support team where an agent will be more than happy to do what they can to get this resolved for you.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi @eleanorliu , and thank you for taking the time to post!

I'm sorry to hear of the audio issue you've been having in your left ear and would be happy to look into this for you.

As such, can I ask that you try the following for this please?

1) Please clear the Bluetooth pairing list on these headphones, and then reconnect these to the phone. 

You can clear the Pairing list on the headset by powering off the headset, then pressing and holding the "Power/Bluetooth" button for 10 seconds, until "Bluetooth device list cleared" is heard.

Once cleared, please connect back to the phone, and try and play this again!

2) Please try and connect these headphones to another mobile device, tablet, or computer/laptop, and try the audio again, ensuring that this is not muted, or set to a volume of 0 on either the headset or on the connected device (Such as the sound settings of a laptop).

3) Please leave the QC30's connected and playing overnight/when not in use, and let these completely run flat. Once run completely flat, please charge these back up to full. The charge time to full from empty is around 3 hours, so please give this 3-4 hours on charge, then connect these back up. Once connected back up, please confirm if this issue persists.

Please get back to me to let me know how the above goes, or if you have any questions at all!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Thank you for your reply. 

It still didn't work. The left ear has been noisy, as before. What should i do then?

Thanks

@Liam_W wrote:

Hi @eleanorliu , and thank you for taking the time to post!

I'm sorry to hear of the audio issue you've been having in your left ear and would be happy to look into this for you.

As such, can I ask that you try the following for this please?

1) Please clear the Bluetooth pairing list on these headphones, and then reconnect these to the phone. 

You can clear the Pairing list on the headset by powering off the headset, then pressing and holding the "Power/Bluetooth" button for 10 seconds, until "Bluetooth device list cleared" is heard.

Once cleared, please connect back to the phone, and try and play this again!

2) Please try and connect these headphones to another mobile device, tablet, or computer/laptop, and try the audio again, ensuring that this is not muted, or set to a volume of 0 on either the headset or on the connected device (Such as the sound settings of a laptop).

3) Please leave the QC30's connected and playing overnight/when not in use, and let these completely run flat. Once run completely flat, please charge these back up to full. The charge time to full from empty is around 3 hours, so please give this 3-4 hours on charge, then connect these back up. Once connected back up, please confirm if this issue persists.

Please get back to me to let me know how the above goes, or if you have any questions at all!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello eleanorliu,

Thank you for trailing these methods for us, I apologise that these did not prove to show signs of improvements. 

In this instance I would encourage you to get in contact with your regions Bose product support team where an agent will be more than happy to do what they can to get this resolved for you.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

QC30 left ear static noise

I bought my QC 30 almost 2 yrs back. The silicon around the packing was started to peel off since 6 months but since 2 days there is unbearable static noise in left ear and some kind of loose connection observed. at certain angle that noise disappears but most of the time it stays there.

it is very uncomfortable and need to be fixed.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello chaitu5589,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QuietControl 30 headphones. Since you have said that you are also experiencing the product peeling as well as the static, I would recommend you call the customer care team straight away. 

I am sorry that I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

This issue is still happening. I bought my QC30s originally in April 2018. I had to get it replaced for this issue in November 2018, August 2019, and again now in February 2020. Has Bose solved the underlying issue? Or should I expect this to happen in 5-11 months with the replacement as well?