storytemen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

QC30 playing background noise

When I'm in a call or using voice chat, my headphones pick up the background noise and then play it back to me. It's not just too sensitive for whoever's on the other end of the line, but it plays the sound on my end as well and it's super amplified. I have to turn my volume down so it's not deafening to the point I can hardly hear who I'm talking to. I have noise cancellation all the way up. What is going on?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: QC30 playing background noise

Hello Storytemen, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

When placing a call using the QuietControl 30, the active noise cancellation is automatically dialed down slightly to allow you to help you hear your voice during the call. This is only directed to the earbuds and will not have an impact on the perceived quality of the person on the other end of the phone. 

If the background noise is overly excessive, I would recommend trying the following: 

- Ensure Active Noise Cancellation is turned up using the noise-cancelling buttons on the in-line controls. 

- Ensure the headphones are up to date. You can update them via your PC here.

- Make sure the StayHear tips are securely connected to the buds. A loose fit can have a negative impact on the performance of the product. 

If the issue persists, please reach out to local support here.

I hope this helps, and please feel free to get back in touch if you wish to discuss this further. For anyone having similar issues, please feel free to join in the conversation!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.