Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

QC35 pairing problem with iPhone 11 pro max

I have bought new  Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, on Thanksgiving.

I usually keep connected my windows laptop and iPhone 11 pro max at the same time. I have been seeing this issue lately , bluetooth connection with my iPhone keeps disconnecting and connecting. which is very irritating as I am listening some audio from my laptop.

Is there any fix for that?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: QC35 pairing problem with iPhone 11 pro max

Hey @rpmnitp,

I hope you've enjoyed your QC35 II headphones so far! That seems like quite an odd issue you're running into.

It seems as if your iPhone is looking to connect and override control of the headphones from your laptop. Have you tried removing both devices, clearing the pairing list and then re-connecting both devices? You can find some guidance on how to go about that HERE.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Normally I just turn on my Bose headphones and it is connected to my laptop as well iPhone. 

Say, I am on a meeting on my laptop and talking to people, right then once in a while I will hear something like 'Ravi's iPhone disconnected' then automatically  'Ravi's iPhone connected'. This happens intermittently and I haven't found any pattern how and when exactly happens.

For the time headphone announces  'Ravi's iPhone disconnected' then automatically  'Ravi's iPhone connected', I have lost important conversation happening in the meeting. 

No, I haven't tried clearing out the devices yet. Do you mean clearing out from Bose app?

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Sam_F was referring to the instructions listed on the link he provided. if you click the "HERE" on the last sentence on his post, you will see the instructions for clearing the device list on the headphones. 

Further to this, I would recommend clearing the device list from your iPhone and computer. 

On the iPhone:

Open Settings 

Tap Bluetooth

Locate "QC 35 headphones."

Tap the  ⓘ to the right of the name, then tap unpair, then confirm. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

I am have this same problem, no issue until i got a new iPhone 11 Pro Max.  Very annoying and ready to ditch the headset.

Gordon