cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Florent
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 28, 2018

Questions about microphone during calls QC Earbuds .

Hello, I am wondering about the operation of QC Earbuds microphone during calls:

- When I remove the right earbup from my ear, does that automatically mute the microphone (ie my interlocutor can no longer hear my voice) or does the microphone remain active?

- Is there a way with touch gestures to mute the microphone during a phone call?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Questions about microphone during calls QC Earbuds .

Author Accepted Answer selected by Florent

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the great questions! 

When you remove the right earbud from your ear while on a call, it will not mute the microphone. The person on the other end will have trouble hearing you, however, as the right bud houses the microphones for calls, and when out of your ear the microphone array won't be pointing towards your mouth.

There isn't any control on the earbuds to mute the microphone, if you want to mute the microphone while on call, this does need to be done from the device you have the earbuds connected to.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Questions about microphone during calls QC Earbuds .

Author Accepted Answer selected by Florent

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the great questions! 

When you remove the right earbud from your ear while on a call, it will not mute the microphone. The person on the other end will have trouble hearing you, however, as the right bud houses the microphones for calls, and when out of your ear the microphone array won't be pointing towards your mouth.

There isn't any control on the earbuds to mute the microphone, if you want to mute the microphone while on call, this does need to be done from the device you have the earbuds connected to.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post