TimHum
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

Quiet Comfort Earbuds - Ability to turn them off without charging

I love my QC earbuds and I want to keep for the years to come, but I need the ability to turn my QC earbuds off without charging them in the case whenever I'm not using them.  Sometimes, I'll use them for 30 minutes of music but I don't always want to put them back in the case and charge them when I stop using them.  This is not good for long term battery life and I want to keep these a long time.  I've tried letting them "sleep" or go into standby mode, but I lose about 30% battery in about 8 hours.

My Sony earbuds have the ability to be turned off without putting them in the case and this is a great feature.  I can sometimes go for a week without charging them.  

Can Bose please provide the option to turn off our QC earbuds WITHOUT placing them in the charging case in a future update?  This is critical in my mind.  Apple Airpod users are complaining about deteriorating battery life because they don't have the ability to turn off their Airpods either.  Constant in and out of charging cases - not good.  Our batteries have 200-300 charges in them.  The Bose QC earbuds are the best of the best and I'd like to keep them for a long time to come. 

Thanks.

Sony App off button.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Re: Quiet Comfort Earbuds - Ability to turn them off without charging

Hello TimHum,

Welcome to the Bose Community, glad to hear that you are enjoying your QuietComfort Earbuds.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I will happily get this forwarded onto our development team for consideration. 😊

Have a great day. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Dennis54
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2020

Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

Thanks for the step by step tutorial. Works like a charm! The solution worked for me thanks to the community and the members for the solution Pupil Path

warp8x
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

My QC Earbuds will not go into Standby mode.  It drains to zero overnight.  I do not want to charge this every time I take off these earbuds.  This needs to be directed to your technical department to provide a "firmware update" in order to activate Standby mode.  

dsuarez75
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

Hi there.

I saw your thread on how to turn them off without charging but didn't see any answer. You also mention a tutorial. Where's that?

Thank you.

dsuarez75
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

Hello,

Was a solution reached for this thread? If so, do you mind sharing it?

Thank you.

cantSleep
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

My earbuds have the same issue.  They don't go into standby and are just dead if left out of the case.  Definitely need a firmware/app update.