BoseUser777
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Quiet Comfort Earbuds Don't light up

Brand new out the box.

While going through setup I noted that only 1 earbud illuminates when the charging case is opened. The other doesn't. 

The case had approximately 50% as indicated by lights on case. 

According to the manual, while the earbuds are charging and with the case open, the status lights on the earbuds should illuminate indicating status of charge. Neither earbud illuminates even though case is plugged in and charging. The lights on the case are blinking slowly indicating it's charging, again, the earbuds aren't charging. 

I'm going to leave plugged in over night and see what happens. 

Any ideas anyone? I was so excited to get these and am dreading having to go through the process of returning them for another set. 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
BoseUser777
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Re: Quiet Comfort Earbuds Don't light up

Update: I left buds charging overnight. Only left earbud status light illuminates when opening case. Still no light from right bud. Also, no status lights from either bud when they're both inside the plugged in case indicating level of charge. Extremely disappointed. 

johnno84
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2020

left ear bud issue

hi there

i have bose quietcomfort earbuds and the left earbud light wont stay on? when i put in back in the case it flashes quickly on and off but thats it. ive unpair the device an cleared the bluetooth connections and still nothing.

john

KennyB4245
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Re: left ear bud issue

Seems like a common problem. Bose Support replaced mine due to left earbud failure. There are several threads on this.

Vicky_W

Hey there, 

Thanks for choosing Bose, I am so sorry this is happening. I know how excited you must have been to try out your new headphones! 

Are you using the steps here to charge your buds? If so, please can you give the troubleshooting here a try and let me know if this fixes your issue? I am sure we can get this resolved for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
johnno84
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2020

they were a present aswell so no receipt to get them changed 😞  

Vicky_W

@johnno84, you shouldn't need a receipt. All Bose products come with a warranty so reach out to customer service if you need help! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
strattoncole22
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

I’ve had a similar issue, ill open the case, make sure they aren’t in sleep mode, put them in my ears and hear the connected sound and a few seconds later they disconnect. Then, when I put them back in their case, the right light doesn’t turn on while the left does, and to put a cherry on the top, the earbuds finally start blinking red and white. Other than the pain of these connection issues, the earbuds are great.

Puraulos
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2021

Hey strattoncole22, is your issue similar to this one? https://youtu.be/7ZvrvGBsZ2Y