AustinMaynard
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Quiet Comfort Laptop Question

I recently purchased a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort Earbuds and noticed problems when using them with my laptop (Windows). I've noticed that when I try to go on a Zoom call while also watching Netflix, I can only hear the Zoom call but not Netflix. I have no issues with hearing two sources of audio with my wired pair of headphones. As someone who is not well-versed on bluetooth devices, is it normal to only be able to hear one audio source at a time? Is there a setting I need to change? Any help would be appreciated. Everything to my knowledge is up to date as far as updates go. 

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Re: Quiet Comfort Laptop Question

Hey AustinMaynard,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'd be happy to help with your headphones query!

The headphones by default will focus on outputting audio from the current program being used, which will either be Netflix or Zoom. With your wired headphones do you hear the Netflix audio continue to play over the audio from other people on Zoom? The earbuds will ensure that your calls are clear and everyone you're speaking to can be heard.

Have you tried clearing the pairing list of your laptop, and trying to re-connect after resetting the earbuds? Give this a try and let me know if you notice any difference!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Sean_L
Bose Employee
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Re: Quiet Comfort Laptop Question

Hi @AustinMaynard! Bluetooth technology uses what are typically reffered to as "profiles" to manage audio routing and other tasks performed by the Bluetooth enabled products. Things like Zoom and phone calls use a "Hands Free Profile" (HFP) while Netflix and other music related apps use "Advance Audio Distribution profile" (A2DP). Because the laptop is sending these different audio sources over different profiles they cannot be heard simultaneously. This is normal opperation for any Bluetooth product.

The headphone jack of the laptop does not rely on these types of profiles to route audio and will send whatever the laptop is playing at that particular moment to any wired headphone connection.

Hope this helps!