NotAnAudiophile
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2020

Quiet Comfort earbuds: only 12 hours of standby time - is it normal?

The manual states that the earbuds go into sleep mode after 20 minutes. If I put them into a small case and in my pocket (the official case is too huge, why, Bose?) they seem to go into sleep mode: the Bose Music app doesn't show them as connected (but Android's bluetooth menu does), and if I wear them I have to wait a few seconds before they connect. However, this standby mode never lasts me more than 12 hours (standby only, without using them) and much less if I actually use them. Is this normal? I would have expected a longer standby time.

Bose product name: Quiet Comfort earbuds true wireless

Country UK

Firmware Version 1.0.7-9846+620b71c

App Version 4.2.4 19-Nov-2020 (Android)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Huawei P20 Pro running Android 10

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: Quiet Comfort earbuds: only 12 hours of standby time - is it normal?

Hey NotAnAudiophile, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

Regarding your query, the earphones are designed to be used and stored in the charging case provided. The battery life of the earbuds is 6 hours when actively listening. It is likely that the battery is discharging slower as it is in Standby but, as it is not designed to be used like this, the time in standby before fully discharge is much lower than some of our other headphones. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NotAnAudiophile
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2020

Re: Quiet Comfort earbuds: only 12 hours of standby time - is it normal?

Why did you make such a huge case? it is impossible to carry in a jeans pocket (whereas the cases of the Jabra true wireless or the Huawei Freebuds pro fit nicely); in fact, carrying a pair of wireless (but not true wireless, like your Soundsport wireless) earphones + a mono bluetooth headset for calls is much more convenient and less bulky than carrying this monster of a case